Replace Notepad with Notetab in Win2000

  • Grant
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2000
      Eric from the basic list

      > I know there was a discussion about this when NT4.8 was first
      > released, but I was wondering if anyone had found a workaround to
      > replace Notepad with Notetab. Under Win2000, when you select view
      > source, it always brings up notepad. Any thoughts?

      Thought's huh Here's some clippy reg action.
      Tested Under Win2000 Should be good for 95 98 and NT.

      Normal warning advice about making reg changes applys.

      Some long lines so rem each newline strarts with ";" or "^!"

      H=reg

      ^!ClearRegValue HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\OpenWithList
      ;clears out notepad, to clear the way for the following
      ;
      ^!SaveRegValue HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\OpenWithList\Fab
      NoteTabPro\shell\edit\command=^$GetAppPath$\NotePro.exe
      ;This recreates the edit button in ie5 with a notetab pro option.
      ;
      ^!SaveRegValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View
      Source Editor\Editor Name=^$GetAppPath$\NotePro.exe
      ;Ie viewsource will now default to notetab
      ;
      ^!SaveRegValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
      Explorer\Default HTML Editor\shell\edit=^$GetAppPath$\NotePro.exe
      ;Ok don't tell me you have installed frontpage express which became your
      default editor. Replaces with Notetab
      ;
      ^!SaveRegValue HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\NoteTabPro=Open with &NoteTabPro
      ^!SaveRegValue
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\NoteTabPro\Command="^$GetAppPath$\NotePro.exe"
      "%1"
      ;This is the biggy. Creates a Right click option to "Open with NoteTabPro"
      ;from Explorer or My Computer or any open dialogue.