Re: [NTB] Making NoteTab "bind" to an instance/window of IE

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5 6:15 PM
      Hi all,

      Mujtaba wrote:
      >Is there any way to "bind" NoteTab to a certain browser window/instance so
      previewing in a browser always uses that window/instance?

      And Grey Cat replied:
      >What I'd like is to be able to "Lock" an explorer window so nothing you did
      in _another_ window would make it leave the page it is on.

      Couldn't help writing a short clip that uses ^!IfAppOpen to see if there's a
      browser window with the existing title of your doc. Works fine here with IE
      4.0. Will post to the Clips list. Have fun!

      Cheers,
      Ray

      Here's the clip:

      H="View in same browser window"
      ; tested in IE 4.0; includes some NoteTab 4.8 functions/rayfitz 040500
      ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
      ^!Set %ViewPos%=^$GetRowTop$:^$GetColLeft$
      ^!Set %CurPos%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ^!Jump Text_Start
      ^!Find <title> IS
      ^!IfError NoTitle
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ^!Find </title> IS
      ^!IfError NoTitle
      ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
      ^!Set %Title%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Goto Set
      :NOTITLE
      ^!Set %Title%=^**
      :SET
      ^!SetView ^%ViewPos%
      ^!SetCursor ^%CurPos%
      ^!IfAppOpen ^%Title%* Refresh
      ^!Toolbar View in Browser
      ^!Goto End
      :REFRESH
      ^!FocusApp ^%Title%*
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+R
      ; end of clip
    • Mujtaba Ali
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6 1:06 PM
        Hi,

        Only problem with this (as far as my preference is concerned) is that it is
        document specific. I'd like to bind NoteTab to a browser window, not just
        a specific document.

        -- Mujtaba Ali

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6 4:03 PM
          Hi Mujtaba,

          >Only problem with this (as far as my preference is concerned) is that it is

          >document specific. I'd like to bind NoteTab to a browser window, not just
          >a specific document.

          OK, scrap yesterday's clip and try this new one. It:

          - Looks for browser window with title of existing document, as version 1
          did.
          - If not found because you're now working on a different document, then
          looks for browser window with title of previous document.
          - As long as you continue using the clip, then "title" and "previous title"
          keep cycling so that the browser window is always found. This assumes, of
          course, that you don't close that browser window or use it directly
          to--e.g., check links or otherwise go off to other docs/URLs.
          - If the browser window isn't found--for example because it did get closed,
          then you're prompted to quit or view anyway.
          - If you answer "view" and all browser windows are closed, it simply opens
          one. Otherwise it focuses to any open browser window and then creates a new
          one that you can make the "dedicated" one again. (Note special comment in
          clip about that last FocusApp command .)

          H="View in same browser window"
          ; tested in IE 4.0; includes some NoteTab 4.8 functions/rayfitz 040600
          ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
          ^!Set %ViewPos%=^$GetRowTop$:^$GetColLeft$
          ^!Set %CurPos%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
          ^!Set %p_PrevTitle%=^%p_Title%
          ^!Jump Text_Start
          ^!Find <title> IS
          ^!IfError NoTitle
          ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetColEnd$
          ^!Find </title> IS
          ^!IfError NoTitle
          ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
          ^!Set %p_Title%=^$GetSelection$
          ^!Goto Set
          :NOTITLE
          ^!Set %p_Title%=^**
          :SET
          ^!SetView ^%ViewPos%
          ^!SetCursor ^%CurPos%
          ^!IfAppOpen ^%p_Title%* Next ELSE Skip_2
          ^!FocusApp ^%p_Title%*
          ^!Goto View
          ^!IfAppOpen ^%p_PrevTitle%* Next ELSE Skip_2
          ^!FocusApp ^%p_PrevTitle%*
          ^!Goto View
          ^!Goto ^?{Dedicated browser window not found!==_View anyway^=Next|Quit^=End}
          ; You'll most likely need to customize the next line for your particular
          browser
          ^!FocusApp *1998.06.23.05
          ^!IfError View
          ^!Keyboard Ctrl+N
          :VIEW
          ^!Toolbar View in Browser
          ; end of clip

          I think it works fine within the scope of its limitations. It's also faster
          than version 1 because that Ctrl+R wasn't necessary. Hope someone has fun
          with it!

          Cheers,
          Ray