Re: [Clip] Re: More Fun With rundll and rundll32.exe

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 3 6:34 AM
      Hi Eb,

      >> ^!SaveValue DeleteMe:MeToo=a,b,c,d,e,f,g
      >> ^!Set %List%=^$StrReplace(",";|;"^$GetValue(DeleteMe:MeToo)$";0;0)$

      >> This one works for me because the delimiter is already a
      >> vertical bar in my saved value list.
      >
      > I've been using something similar to your first workaround,
      > storing arrays in INI files using the default delimiter.
      >
      > Using the V-bar as array delimiter still seems a bit foreign to
      > me. So your second workaround never occurred to me. If you
      > recal, I have a bot of a mental block when it comes to array
      > delimiters <G>.

      hehehe. If you don't think of the delimiters as the standard
      type you are use to seeing like quotes, tabs, semi-colons, space,
      and comma, but instead think of them as a wild card to separate
      any kind of list with, then it may come a bit easier. Eric has a
      Clip in SampleCode I think, might be Utilities, that you can
      enter a number for the paragraph you want. He uses a double ^p:

      ^!SetListDelimiter ^p^p

      ... so each paragraph (separated by a blank line) is one item in
      the list. ;) Having that kind of flexibility makes it really
      nice at times, because if we were limited to a few there would be
      times we would have to modify our delimiter in the document
      because of conflict with whatever we were allowed to use.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips