[Clip] Re: [NTB] Sounds - my conclusion so far

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2000
      Hi Brenda,

      >This stuff must be special for clip users...ok. I dig.

      Yes, once we get beyond clip generalities and start posting clip code, then
      it has to be on the Clips list. If Jody sees even one command or function on
      the Basic list, watch out for his wet noodle!

      >^!Sound FileName (or Windows sound)

      OK, here we go! (Watch me, who's never done sound before, tell you something
      screwy! haha) Anyway, here's a real sample line:
      ^!Sound ^$GetSoundPath$kookoo.wav

      If you go to the Sounds directory under the NoteTab directory, you may just
      find a few wave files. I've got 30, don't remember from where, probably Jody
      and Nicole. Obviously this is a convenient place to store more sound files.

      Anyway, the ^$GetSoundPath$ function returns the full path of the Sound
      directory, including the last back slash, so all you have to do is append
      the name of the sound file.

      To add the code (and there are several ways, but here's one):
      1. Find and highlight (select) the clip you want sound added to.
      2. Shift+Ctrl+E (now you're in the clip editor; notice the document tab says
      "Clips")
      3. Type your sound command in the desired location within that clip. I would
      think at the end, or perhaps before some prompt, etc.
      4. Notice the "Clips" tab turned red (default color). So when you're done,
      just save the usual way (e.g., Ctrl+S). (Actually, you really don't have to
      yet, but you will eventually so may as well do it now).
      5. Exit the editor via your preferred method of exiting documents (e.g.,
      Ctrl+F4 or Shift+Ctrl+E again)
      6. Run the clip and test.

      Let me know how it works!

      Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2000
        Hi Ray, Brenda, All,

        > If Jody sees even one command or function on the Basic list,
        > watch out for his wet noodle!

        Yeppers says the mean unfair moderator!-)

        > ^!Sound ^$GetSoundPath$kookoo.wav

        This will play System Sounds:

        ^!Sound SystemHand
        ^!Delay 10
        ^!Sound Exclamation

        This will run the software you have .wav associated with:

        ^!"^$GetSoundPath$kookoo.wav"

        This will play it by a specified program:

        ^!"D:\PROGRAMS\IView\i_view32.exe" "^$GetSoundPath$kookoo.wav"

        This will play kookoo twice:

        ^!"^$GetSoundPath$kookoo.wav"
        ; adjust delay...
        ^!Delay 20
        ^!"^$GetSoundPath$kookoo.wav"

        This will play kookoo, open a gif of Eric, and take you to my
        outdated Five Grits page where the gif is also located:

        ^!Sound "^$GetSoundPath$kookoo.wav"
        ^!"G:\Sites\MySites\notetab\image\eric.gif"
        ^!Url www.sureword.com\notetab\html\5grits.html

        This will play a 8+MB mpg of Eric receiving one of his
        awards at the 1999 Shareware Industry Conference:

        ^!"H:\Fookes Software\Eric@..."

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...