[Clip] the html template

  • Lawrence M Hamilton, Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30 5:33 PM
      Hi Richard,

      At Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:37:23 -0800, "Richard Turner"
      <rturner@...> Wrote:
      >I'd like to be able to edit the html template so that instead of giving
      me
      >BODY color options, it would instead insert the following 3 lines in the
      >HEAD section:
      ><LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" name="style1" href="rt.css">
      ><STYLE type="text/css">
      ></STYLE>
      >
      >So, what do I need to know in order to accomplish this? Or, is it
      >possible to accomplish this?
      >Or, is it easier to just do what I'm doing now, which is to cut out the
      >BODY color stuff and insert the above lines in the HEAD section?

      It is definitely possible to do this. If you want to preserve the
      original you can right-click on it and copy to clipboard and then
      right-click in the clip window and choose add from clipboard. Then
      re-name it.

      Using this working clip, delete the lines you do not want and replace
      them with the information you desire instead. Then you will need to save
      the clip library.

      There are a couple of ways to do this:

      Switch libraries and it will bring up the save dialog, and then switch
      back.

      Right-click on the library window as before, and choose edit, then use
      one of the methods to save a file. Be sure to NOT have the clip editor
      focused when you use the clip!

      Modifying existing clips is one of the best ways to learn how to use
      them. I always make a back-up in case I want to be ablt to restore it.

      HTH

      Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
      http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
      My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com