[Clip] Re: [NTB] build a clipbar? [2]

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
      Hi Alan,

      > Ray, thanks about Eric's "Switch library", I had not been aware
      > of it. Ultimately, I want something on this order but with only
      > the libraries that I put into it, not all of the libraries.

      Here is a quick answer. Hope you understand it. Add it first
      and open it so you can see what it is suppose to look like. then
      change my Library names to your's. The second Clip is for
      NoteTab's Libraries. You can add as many of these as you want to
      the Clipbar. When hidden, they will still show up in the
      pulldown list, but not on the Libraries bar.

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=Speedster's Toggle
      ; Last Updated 03/30/2000, Sojourner@..., jody

      ; long line till blank line
      ^!Set %Library%=^$GetLibraryPath$^?[(H=33)Clipbook==Back|Bugs|Main|Clipper|MyHTML|Funnies|Edit HelpFile|I_View|FtpZip|Fun|Lib|Links|ND|NetTab|Page|Test|Tool|Work||Append|DirStuff|Demos|htmCVT|Docs_NoteBack|mySCuts|nnnLines|NoteBack|NoteBack +|NoteBoards|NoteBlock|NoteEdit|NoteMan|NoteMarks|NoteSort|NoteTools|NoteView|Outline|RegClips|ReFormat|SandR|Snatch|SW|WordWeb].clb

      ^!IfFileAttr "^%Library%" H UnHide

      ^!SetFileAttr "^%Library%" H
      ^!Refresh
      ^!Goto End

      :UnHide
      ^!SetFileAttr "^%Library%" -H
      ^!Refresh
      ^!LoadLibrary ^%Library%

      H=Original Toggle
      ; Last Updated 03/30/2000, Sojourner@..., jody
      ^!Set %Library%=^$GetLibraryPath$^?[(H=33)Clipbook==AutoCorrect|CaptureLinks|Euro|FormatEmail|HTML|HTML-ar|PasteClips|RemindMe|SampleCode|Smilies|TopStyle|Utilities].clb

      ^!IfFileAttr "^%Library%" H UnHide

      ^!SetFileAttr "^%Library%" H
      ^!Refresh
      ^!Goto End

      :UnHide
      ^!SetFileAttr "^%Library%" -H
      ^!Refresh
      ^!LoadLibrary ^%Library%

      <--- Copy above this line, right --->
      <--- click over a Library, and --->
      <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
        Hi Alan,

        >This would be a good candidate for the ^$SetDefaultValue function if you'd
        >like the clip to always remember the last value you picked. Stay tuned.

        Here's how that looks. Assuming no library names starting with underscore,
        hence none of that quote complications:

        H=Load library2
        ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^%p_LibList%)$ Skip
        ^!Set %p_LibList%=_Library 1|Library 2|Library 3
        ^!Set %Lib%=^?{Switch to==^%p_LibList%}
        ^!LoadLibrary ^%Lib%
        ^!Set %p_LibList%=^$SetDefaultValue(^%p_LibList%;^%Lib%)$
        ; end of clip

        Cheers,
        Ray
      • Alan Cummings
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
          Hi Ray
          Yes I understand about a library begins with underscore the need for the
          quotes elsewise it will not find the library because without the quotes even
          though is underscore used in the clip I see that it nevertheless-->the
          search happens minus the underscore. So: either have no underscore at
          beginning of library name(s) or in a clip surround such a particular
          underscore library with quotes. Either method works.

          Your Load Library, the first one, worked fine. Is there a way to dictate a
          bigger window size so that with 5 libraries when choose 1 of them, I do not
          have to use a scrollbar?

          But Load Library2 had syntax error on the first line.

          I'm probably in a bit over my head here. But hey I've learned a lot already
          just by experimenting around kinisthetic, hands on like.

          Thanks. Alan.

          On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:43:38 -0600, ntb-clips@egroups.com wrote:

          > Hi Alan,
          >
          > >This would be a good candidate for the ^$SetDefaultValue function if
          you'd
          > >like the clip to always remember the last value you picked. Stay tuned.
          >
          > Here's how that looks. Assuming no library names starting with
          underscore,
          > hence none of that quote complications:
          >
          > H=Load library2
          > ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^%p_LibList%)$ Skip
          > ^!Set %p_LibList%=_Library 1|Library 2|Library 3
          > ^!Set %Lib%=^?{Switch to==^%p_LibList%}
          > ^!LoadLibrary ^%Lib%
          > ^!Set %p_LibList%=^$SetDefaultValue(^%p_LibList%;^%Lib%)$
          > ; end of clip
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Ray
          >
          > << File Attachment Removed: "text/html" >>

        • Alan Cummings
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
            Hi Jody

            I got each of the two added ok, no problem with that.

            But there must be something about the attributes of hidden and unhide that I
            am totally not aware of. None of mine are hidden, I do not know how to hide
            them.

            Either of the two clips comes up with a syntax error, something about H
            unhide

            BTW I'm using 481 the latest version of NoteTab Pro, was upgraded from a
            480. I purchased NoteTab Pro back when it was 4 plus something or other. I
            do remember the 450 version for sure. But I recently getting more
            interested in its clips once again.

            Thanks. Alan.

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
              Hi Alan,

              >Your Load Library, the first one, worked fine. Is there a way to dictate a
              >bigger window size so that with 5 libraries when choose 1 of them, I do not
              >have to use a scrollbar?

              Yes, with H=5 or greater, as in:
              ^?{(H=5)Select one==_a|b|c|d|e}

              >But Load Library2 had syntax error on the first line.

              That line should be:
              ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^%p_LibList%)$ Skip
              Gosh, don't know what to say about the syntax error again! Except to
              re-check the spelling--every character actually. Works here.

              Ray
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
                Hi Alan

                > But there must be something about the attributes of hidden and
                > unhide that I am totally not aware of. None of mine are
                > hidden, I do not know how to hide them.

                ^!SetFileAttr "FileName.ext"

                The H option marks the file as hidden just like you would in
                Windows Explorer under the file's properties, attributes. -H
                "unhides" a file. When a Library is hidden it will not show up
                on the Libraries bar.

                > Either of the two clips comes up with a syntax error, something
                > about H unhide

                ^!IfFileAttr "^%Library%" H UnHide

                If you have the above command starting on column one with no
                space after it, I suspect the line(s) starting with ^!Set
                %Library%= got hard line breaks in them in the mail. Open the
                Clip and press Ctrl+W to turn word wrap off. Look for any black
                text. If you see some, place your cursor in front of the line
                and press your backspace key. Do not use Join Lines for that
                because it adds a space. Continue doing that until there is no
                black text in either Clip. Save and close the Clip Editor or
                switch it out of focus by pressing another tab.

                * Added ^!SetFileAttr "FileName" Attr
                Changes the file attributes. Attr can represent multiple values:
                A = Archive, H = Hidden, R = Read-only, S = System, * = All
                attributes. Use a minus sign in front of the letter to remove an
                attribute. The following example sets the Archive attribute and
                removes the Read-only attribute, if set: ^!SetFileAttr
                "c:\Scandisk.log" -RA

                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
                  Hi 1st Ray

                  >(H=5)

                  Got it! Thanks. That will do what I want. Instead of 5 I can have it at
                  10, 15, or even upwards-thought I saw one of Jody's at 33. Mainly, whatever
                  size I need for me to see all of them at one glance/shot--I am visual.

                  Thanks for the hint post. My apologies. I was aware of that but
                  unfortunately I did not recall it until I had already sent the post, when it
                  was too late, I realized I had goofed. I have to keep tabs on my Attention
                  Deficit Disorder brain ya know, 'cause clutter tend be part of the wiring
                  upstairs there.

                  Ray and Jody: Checked exactness syntax and toggled word wrap off found all
                  blue only. Still have same errors as before. Not know what gives perhaps
                  sys trouble intermittent elsewhere is cause.

                  A friend has Windows 2000. Is NoteTab supported on it?

                  Jody: Yes, got it about the attributes. Must be just like the DOS attribute
                  command I know it pretty well.

                  Thanks much. Alan.

                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
                    Hi Alan and Ray,

                    >> (H=5)
                    >
                    > Got it! Thanks. That will do what I want. Instead of 5 I can
                    > have it at 10, 15, or even upwards-thought I saw one of Jody's
                    > at 33.

                    Set it to whatever you want. NoteTab will resize smaller if you
                    do not have the many items in your list. The 33 is pretty much
                    max'ed for 800x600 resolution. If you start getting a double
                    scrollbar, you went too big with the number.

                    > Checked exactness syntax and toggled word wrap off found all
                    > blue only. Still have same errors as before.

                    If it is an intermittent problem with the Clips I sent, then
                    perhaps you are clicking on a non-existent Library which would
                    include a typo of course. Let's make it a short one to see if it
                    works.

                    H=Test Library Toggle
                    ^!Set %Library%=^$GetLibraryPath$^?[(H=25)Library==Euro|Utilities].clb

                    ^!IfFileAttr "^%Library%" H UnHide

                    ^!SetFileAttr "^%Library%" H
                    ^!Refresh
                    ^!Goto End

                    :UnHide
                    ^!SetFileAttr "^%Library%" -H
                    ^!Refresh
                    ^!LoadLibrary ^%Library%

                    If that fails, let me know exactly where. It should toggle the
                    Libraries listed on/off the Libraries bar. If it works, then
                    the other Clips have a typo in them I guess. If you would like
                    to send them back to me private eMail I will take a looksie at
                    them.

                    >A friend has Windows 2000. Is NoteTab supported on it?

                    Yes.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
                      Hi Jody
                      Regard the latest, smaller test library toggle
                      > If that fails, let me know exactly where

                      An error dialouge came up here is the message:

                      Line 3; Clip syntax error:
                      ^!IfFileAttr "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Utilities.clb " H
                      UnHide

                      And, here is a copy of Test Library Toggle just as I pulled it right from my
                      clip editor:

                      ^!Set %Library%=^$GetLibraryPath$^?[(H=25)Library==Euro|Utilities].clb

                      ^!IfFileAttr "^%Library%" H UnHide

                      ^!SetFileAttr "^%Library%" H
                      ^!Refresh
                      ^!Goto End

                      :UnHide
                      ^!SetFileAttr "^%Library%" -H
                      ^!Refresh
                      ^!LoadLibrary ^%Library%

                      Not shown in the clip editor, naturally, over in the narrow clip library
                      window, the header I double clicked on is: Test Library Toggle

                      The header appears at the top (very next line up) when I open the whole
                      library (.clb) for viewing in NoteTab.

                      Now I see the value to have some hidden ie just let the most popular show
                      and activate the shown ones from the library button bar.

                      Thanks much. Alan.

                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
                        Hi Alan,

                        >An error dialouge came up here is the message:
                        >
                        >Line 3; Clip syntax error:
                        >^!IfFileAttr "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Utilities.clb " H
                        >UnHide

                        Let me ask you a silly question. ;) Do you have Utilities.clb in
                        NoteTab's Libraries folder?

                        >^!Set %Library%=^$GetLibraryPath$^?[(H=25)Library==Euro|Utilities].clb
                        >
                        >^!IfFileAttr "^%Library%" H UnHide

                        If the clip text is arriving here just like it is in the clips
                        you have it in I think we found the problem. There is a space
                        at the end of most the lines. Remove that space and it all
                        should work for you.

                        There is an Option to check if you prefer to Remove White Spaces.
                        That will remove all those blanks at the end of the lines when
                        you save the Clip and/or documents. Look under the Documents
                        tab. Just remember you checked though so someday if you see
                        spaces being removed that you want to keep.

                        Bye for now,
                        Jody Adair
                        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
                          Hi Alan,

                          > Line 3; Clip syntax error:
                          > ^!IfFileAttr "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Utilities.clb " H
                          > UnHide

                          I tested the Library you sent that you are using to test the Clips Ray and I sent to the list. They work here both from the Library and the Clipbar.

                          Check to make sure the Libraries are in NoteTab's Library folder.
                          See if they will work from the Library itself.
                          If so, drag the one that works to the Clipbar and Save the Clipbar.
                          See if it works.

                          Bye for now,
                          Jody Adair
                          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                          http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                        • Eb Guenther
                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 30, 2000
                            Hi Alan,

                            >An error dialouge came up here is the message:
                            >
                            >Line 3; Clip syntax error:
                            >^!IfFileAttr "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Utilities.clb " H
                            >UnHide

                            The space as the last character of the filename inside the
                            quotes is not legal.

                            Eb
                          • Raymond Fitzgerald
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 31, 2000
                              Hi Alan and all,

                              >The library listing is kinda busy because each name is surrounded
                              >in quotes. (Because without quotes, as written the wizard strips the
                              >underscore from the library names. I'm sure there's numerous ways to handle
                              >it differently, but I've no time for such "prettyfying" right now.)

                              RS ran with it--all it took was one more line of code! Thanks RS! So here's
                              the pretty version (and more functional too because now you can jump by
                              typing the first letter):

                              H="Load library"

                              ; 033000/rayfitz
                              ;//>> 03/31/00 RS

                              ^!SetListDelimiter |
                              ^!Set %Libraries%=^$GetFiles(^$GetLibraryPath$;*.clb)$
                              ^!Set
                              %Libraries%=^$StrReplace("^$GetLibraryPath$";"";"^%Libraries%";False;False)$
                              ^!Set %Libraries%=^$StrReplace(".clb";"";"^%Libraries%";False;False)$
                              ^!Set %Libraries%=^$StrReplace("_";"__";"^%Libraries%";False;False)$

                              ^!LoadLibrary ^?{(H=28)Switch to==^%Libraries%}
                              ;========= End =========

                              Cheers,
                              Ray
                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 31, 2000
                                Hi Ray

                                > H="Load library"

                                > ^!Set %Libraries%=^$GetFiles(^$GetLibraryPath$;*.clb)$
                                > ^!LoadLibrary ^?{(H=28)Switch to==^%Libraries%}

                                Now just add the SetAttr H|-H like in my other posts and you can
                                move them on/off the Libraries bar. I suppose I could just post
                                mine that lists them all like your's in a checkbox and does that,
                                but I'll let you play with it. <g>

                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 31, 2000
                                  Thanks Eb. BTW the clip had a space as a character at the right hand
                                  end of each line of code. The clip started to work ok without error
                                  once I deleted each space at the end of each line of code.
                                  Alan.
                                  original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips/?start=3089