[Clip] select parentheticals

  • PatHanneman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2000
      hi!
      Pay back time.
      I cobbled one of Eric's clips into this one and it seems to work well for what it does - which is select all the parenthicals in the current document. text with parentheses; letting the editor (us) keep to delete the phrase.

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=Select parentheticals (text)
      ;edited by patH 03/28/2000
      ^!Find "(" IS
      ^!IfError End
      ;Store cursor position in a variable
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ;Search for closure
      ^!Find ")" IS
      ;End the procedure if it is not found
      ^!IfError End
      ;Place cursor at start of selection and remove highlight
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ;Store cursor position in a variable
      ^!Set %End%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ;Move the cursor back to the first saved position (after the opening tag)
      ^!SetCursor ^%Start%
      ;Extend the selection to the second saved position (in front of the closing tag)
      ^!SelectTo ^%End%
      ^!FocusDoc
      <--- Copy above this line, right --->
      <--- click over a Library, and --->