[Clip] jody's eMailToOtl.clb

  • PatHanneman
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2000
      hi, jody,
      this is a great library - btw. I've been using it for digests, not mailboxes but one file text file per digested mail. it's great since the digests get big.

      I showed it to a few people. one person has several folders and would like to have the browse part of the clip, to go open a file, list each folder in a menu. but they don't want to see code.

      Would rather not edit the clip directly and add the folder and risk messing up the code.

      so... I need you help again.
      Do you have another clip that provides me with a sample code.

      i'd guess

      clip=set up favorite folders
      <clip would prompt, let user browse to folder, get path name, save it - appending it to a list of folders (in a hidden clip maybe (?)>

      clip=get file, read directories from a storage clip

      open file, otl it

      then - they want an open to save the otl back as a text file for another program - or renaming its extension from otl to txt
      (to minimize confusion and not introduce a new file type at this time... )

      First big question, is this do-able?

      Second, does it interest anyone enough to write it?
      or point me to clips with code I can model?

      thanks,
      pat

      health-e-cooking!
      Pat Hanneman http://home.earthlink.net/~kitpath/
      Home of the Mastercook Resource Network (MC's Rn)
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2000
        Hi Pat,

        > this is a great library - btw.

        I'm surprised it still works after all this time.

        > one person has several folders and would like to have the
        > browse part of the clip, to go open a file, list each folder in
        > a menu. but they don't want to see code.

        Look in my DirStuff and in just about every clip there is code
        that allows a default BrowseTo and a pulldown list with 9 default
        paths which is ignored if the browse is used. You will need to
        look at the setup clip as well which will make a ini file and
        store their paths in it. Setup can be run again to change the
        default paths.

        Why don't you get it working that far and then post the next
        question. When people write with a number of things to do it
        confuses me, especially if not done by the number.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
      • Norma
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2000
          At 02:44 PM 3/7/00, you wrote:
          >hi, jody,
          >this is a great library - btw. I've been using it for digests, not
          >mailboxes but one file text file per digested mail. it's great since the
          >digests get big.

          Where is this library located at? I would be interested in it. I checked
          Jody's site and the Clipbook libraries on the Notetab site, but didn't find
          it. Maybe I didn't look hard enough (possible). Thanks,

          Norma
        • PatHanneman
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7, 2000
            At 03/07/2000 , Norma wrote:
            >At 02:44 PM 3/7/00, you wrote:
            >>hi, jody,
            >>this is a great library - btw. I've been using it for digests, not mailboxes but one file text file per digested mail. it's great since the digests get big.
            >
            >Where is this library located at? I would be interested in it. I checked Jody's site and the Clipbook libraries on the Notetab site, but didn't find it. Maybe I didn't look hard enough (possible). Thanks,

            hi, norma, it's in jody's snatch-a-clip
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/snatchclp.html

            I'm rewriting it for use with recipe digests and the mctagit.clb

            or i hope to... ;-)

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 7, 2000

              >hi, norma, it's in jody's snatch-a-clip
              >http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/snatchclp.html
              >
              >I'm rewriting it for use with recipe digests and the mctagit.clb
              >
              >or i hope to... ;-)
              >
              >pat
              >
              >health-e-cooking!
              >Pat Hanneman http://home.earthlink.net/~kitpath/
              >Home of the Mastercook Resource Network (MC's Rn)

              Thanks, and your idea sounds great!

              Regards,
              Norma