[Clip] Re: Question?

  • RCRod83@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2000
      Yes! Thank you soo much. That was exactly what I was looking for. Well, I
      have ONE more question. I've added the extension ".cgi" and ".pl" to it
      because I want to be able to double click on perl scripts and have them open
      in NoteTab. However, when I click on them, they open in it, but then I get

      "cannot find the file 'C:\scripts\nameofscript.cgi' (or one of it's
      components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all
      required libraries are available"

      Thanks!

      -Robert
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2000
        Hi Robert,

        > I've added the extension ".cgi" and ".pl" to it because I want
        > to be able to double click on perl scripts and have them open
        > in NoteTab. However, when I click on them, they open in it, but
        > then I get this message:
        >
        > "cannot find the file 'C:\scripts\nameofscript.cgi' (or one of
        > it's components). Make sure the path and filename are correct
        > and that all required libraries are available"

        Please right click over NotePro.exe (or NoteTab.exe) and choose
        Properties. Click on the Version tab and see what version you
        are using.

        Open NoteTab's associations: View | Options... | Associations

        If you added a period in front of the file types, remove the
        file type and add it again without the period.

        If not, remove the file types that are not working and restart
        Windows. Add the file types back again in NoteTab under the
        Associations tab.

        See if that fixes it. We will go from there if need be.
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2000
          Hello Robert,

          >Yes! Thank you soo much. That was exactly what I was looking for. Well, I
          >have ONE more question. I've added the extension ".cgi" and ".pl" to it
          >because I want to be able to double click on perl scripts and have them open
          >in NoteTab. However, when I click on them, they open in it, but then I get
          >
          >"cannot find the file 'C:\scripts\nameofscript.cgi' (or one of it's
          >components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all
          >required libraries are available"

          That's because the association originally had the "Use DDE" option set.
          Here's more info about this problem:

          Err Msg: Cannot Find File or One of its Components

          For more information, see:
          http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q166/3/89.asp

          To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
          1.Double-click My Computer.
          2.On the View menu, click Options.
          3.Click the File Types tab. To modify an association, click the file type
          in the Registered File Types box, and then click Edit. To determine which
          file type is causing the problem, use the right mouse button to click a
          file of the appropriate type in Windows Explorer, and then click
          Properties. The line titled Type lists the entry in the Registered File
          Types box that needs modification.
          4.Click the Use DDE check box to clear it.

          Hope this helps.
          Regards,
          Eric Fookes
          NoteTab v4.8 available from