[Clip] Re: Clip Broken???

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2000
      Hi Rod,

      > This clip worked in NTP 4.6, since I updated to 4.8 it no
      > longer works, any help would be much appreciated.

      > ^?[Cubic inches] cubic inches = ^$[^?[Cubic inches]/1728] cubic feet
      >
      > Error Mesage: 7298 cubic inches = [error in expression] cubic feet

      Eric made it possible that we could run clips over documents
      containing clips code with the code in them executing. We lost
      the old formats (^$[Expression] and ^[Date filters^]) in 4.8
      because of that.

      From WhatsNew.txt:

      * You can now apply Clips on text that contains Clip code,
      without causing it to be interpreted by the Clip parser.
      Unfortunately, there is a small price to pay for this
      improvement. The following old function formats for dates:
      ^[mm/dd/yyyy^] and mathematical evaluation: ^$[Expression] will
      not work if their arguments are built from the values of
      variables and functions. Instead of those old function formats,
      you should use the more recent ^$GetDate(mm/dd/yyyy)$ and
      ^$Calc(Expression[;Decimals])$ functions.

      ^!Info ^$[500/1728]^p^$Calc(^?[Cubic inches=500]/1728)$

      ^$[^?[Cubic inches=500]/1728] Errs because ^?[... is processed first.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips