[Clip] Re: Help programing .....

  • Claes Gauffin
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2000
      Hi Bill,

      At 06:52 2000-03-02 -0800, you wrote:
      >Hi All:
      >can someone give me a clue as to how I would go about replacing the numbers
      >in this file with a comma ? Not a single programing bone in my body .....
      >They will be used as keywords for my meta tags .....
      > bible verse
      > 147
      > bible verse search

      This calls for a tiny clip. It shouldn't, but Search&Replace with regexp
      is still behaving oddly when you use the menu command.

      This is it:

      H="Numbers to commas"
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!replace "[0-9][0-9]*" >> "," TIRS
      ^!IfError Next else Skip_-1

      it assumes a couple of things
      1. No numbers inside your text!
      2. You get exactly what you said, numbers to commas.
      If you also want to remove redundant blanks and/or line endings,
      you will have to elaborate a bit.

      Regards /Claes
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2000
        Hi Claes & Bill,

        >> They will be used as keywords for my meta tags .....
        >> bible verse
        >> 147
        >> bible verse search

        Mit Salat und Pommes frites:

        H=Numbers to commas
        ^!Jump DOC_START
        ^!replace "[0-9][0-9]*" >> "," TIRS
        ^!IfError Next else Skip_-1
        ^!Replace "^p ," >> ", " WAS
        ^!Replace ", ^P " >> ", " WAS

        Bill just a few lines of text for an example of the search is
        quite enough for us to see what needs to be done and could you
        please turn of the HTML formatting (Styled Text) when posting to
        the groups. Thanks.

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23