[Clip] Re: ^$MyFunction(...)$

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 25, 2000
      Hi Eb,

      Thanks Eb. I understand now so it is just a matter of using it
      enough for it to sink in. (Sorry for not mentioning you in the
      other post I made - too many to remember.)

      >> Perhaps you can give me an example of the new ^$MyFunction$

      I couldn't figure out why your's wasn't working for me so I
      studied it and then made my own. After doing that when I was
      going to copy mine I noticed there was a quote before
      "_EvenBetterTitle in my Library. AhHa! Now I can study your's
      better.

      I don't see much difference between setting a variable with
      homemade functions containing parameters, but I do see an
      advantage with no parameters in that we do not have to call a
      Clip.

      > H="_EvenBetterTitle
      > ;parameters array

      I can understand it a lot better in simplicity. ;)

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H="myFunctions"

      ^!Set %wParameter%=Test with parameter
      ^$wParameter(^%wParameter%)$
      ^$woParam$

      Yes/No?

      For my learning understanding

      ^$woParam$^%nl%^%Tab%^$wParameter(^$woParam$)$^%nl%^$woParam$

      H="_woParam"
      ;hard coded result
      ^!Result <title>Test without parameter</title>

      H="_wParameter"
      ;dynamic result
      ^!Result <title>^&</title>

      <--- Copy above this line, right --->