[Clip] Opera Browser Clip

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2000
      I usually make quite a few changes to HTML files before saving them
      & View in Browser with Opera & the settings I like won't update
      changes without closing the efo display each time. This clip
      is my answer to that & works fine from the beta Clipbar. Please
      note that my directory may be different from yours & the clip
      looks for a 3x version of Opera.

      --- Grandma Kay ---

      H=View in Opera
      ^!Set %title%=Opera 3
      ^!Set %file%=^**
      ^!Set %url%=^$StrReplace("\";"/";"^**";No;No)$
      ^!IfAppOpen *^%title%* CheckPage

      ^!"C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe" /nowin
      ^!Delay 5

      :CheckPage
      ^!FocusApp *^%title%*

      :Loop
      ^!If ^$StrPos("^%title%";"^$GetAppTitle$";No)$ = 0 Loop
      ^!Delay 2
      ^!ClipBoardSave
      ^!KeyBoard F8 Ctrl+C
      ^!If ^$StrPos("^%url%";"^$GetClipboard$";No)$ = 0 New
      ^!KeyBoard Ctrl+W

      :New
      ^!KeyBoard Ctrl+N &1000 F8 #^%file%# Enter 5
    • Ernie
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2000
        Hi Kay,

        I had previously posted about how I thought Opera was attributing to AVs in
        NoteTab 4.6a and you mentioned that Opera was a big memory hog.

        In case you haven't been to the Opera site recently. I see they have a new
        version which addresses these issues.

        From Opera Site.
        Opera 3.61 is a minor update that provides greater stability and a few
        improvements:

        o Two security certificates have been updated--see our VeriSign certificate
        rollover page for more information.
        o Cache handling has been improved.
        o Memory usage has been greatly reduced. Usage of Windows resources has
        also been reduced.

        Also I found a nice little utility that deals with Opera's ini, cache,
        cookies, history, etc... files.

        Opera File Explorer http://www.westelcom.com/users/jsegur/

        >I usually make quite a few changes to HTML files before saving them
        >& View in Browser with Opera & the settings I like won't update
        >changes without closing the efo display each time. This clip
        >is my answer to that & works fine from the beta Clipbar. Please
        >note that my directory may be different from yours & the clip
        >looks for a 3x version of Opera.
        >
        >--- Grandma Kay ---

        http://im.yahoo.com
      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2000
          02/06/2000 3:31 PM Ernie wrote
          > From Opera Site.
          > Opera 3.61 is a minor update that provides greater stability and a few
          > improvements:

          Comments on their lists don't seem to support the stability claims. I
          d/l but haven't installed it. I've learned to be a great deal more
          cautious with their updates than I am with Eric's betas :) but it's
          still my favorite browser.

          --- Grandma Kay ---