[Clip] Re: Clip to select line of text?

  • Eb Guenther
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 5, 2000
      Hi Ray,

      your message:
      >From: "Ray Shapp" <rayshapp@...>
      >To: <ntb-clips@egroups.com>
      ><snip>
      >This is in response to message on [clip] area of NTP newsgroups by Eb
      >Guenther dated Feb 4 at 9:41 am.
      >
      >1. I received the original as e-mail

      That is how you receive messages from a listserver,
      though the list owner would be the authority here.

      >display. That's ok by me in this instance, but how would I send private
      >mail directly to Eb Guenther or any other author?

      You have to dig into the headers (look for a way to display
      "All headers"), and pick out the "From:" header.

      In your case this looked like:

      >From: "Ray Shapp" <rayshapp@...>

      And you would now copy the email address
      ("Ray Shapp" <rayshapp@...>)
      and paste it into the "To: " field of your outgoing message.

      >How does one set a bookmark in the help files that will
      >still be there when one re-opens the help files? For
      >some reason, after I set a bookmark in the NTP help files
      >and then exit help, the bookmark has evaporated next time
      >I open NTP help.
      >
      >I'm using NTP4.6a and Win98 and Outlook Express 5.

      I use Windows NT 4, and have no problem with:

      From a Help topic window, click the Bookmark menu button:
      [Bookmark]-->[Define]-->(edit name)-->[OK]

      or in shortcut keys, from the topic window, press:
      [Alt+M]-->D-->[Enter]

      The next time you display the Bookmark window, it
      should display the bookmark name you assigned.

      If not, you have just discovered another of the many
      "Undocumented Feature" of Windows 98. Also one of the
      many reasons why some people sign their messages with

      "cheers",

      Eb

      Microsoft releases Service Release 1 for Windoze 2OOO
      before the actual Windows 2000 is released, beating
      their own record of SR1 a week after WIndows 98 debut.