[Clip] Re: Clip to select line of text?

  • Sleepless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 4, 2000
      Larry Thomas wrote:

      > I am not aware of any way to assign clips to short-cut Keys.

      Gee, I wish someone had thought to tell me that when I posted the
      first message in this thread:

      "I'd be grateful for help creating a macro (or should I say
      "clip?") that will allow me to type <Ctrl-Tab> to select a line
      of text."

      It would have saved me from spending so much time and effort
      trying to do what can't be done.
    • Len
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 4, 2000
        Hi Sleeples;

        Make the following clip

        H="X"
        ^!Keyboard Backspace
        ; You may want to use ^!Save on this line.
        ^!Select Line
        ^!GoTo End

        Type Spacebar X at the end of the desired line, before the CRLF,
        and press F2.

        See Expand Text in Help and let your imagination work.

        Have fun, Len
        At 08:55 AM 2/4/00 -0800, you wrote:

        >"I'd be grateful for help creating a macro (or should I say
        >"clip?") that will allow me to type <Ctrl-Tab> to select a line
        >of text."

        Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
        Avionics Systems Engineer
        E-Mail: Len <NoteTabA@...>
      • Ray Shapp
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 4, 2000
          This is in response to message on [clip] area of NTP newsgroups by Eb
          Guenther dated Feb 4 at 9:41 am.

          1. I received the original as e-mail because I recently subscribed to the
          news group. Now, in responding, by pressing the "reply" button (MS Outlook
          Express 5) it appears this note is going to the news group for public
          display. That's ok by me in this instance, but how would I send private
          mail directly to Eb Guenther or any other author?

          2. Am I spoiling the thread by accepting the default subject:
          "Re: [Clip] Re: Clip to select line of text?"

          3. If this default subject spoils the thread, how should I proceed in order
          to maintain the thread? Would it be enough to delete the "Re: [Clip] " from
          the default subject?

          4. Now to get to the actual question related to Mr. Guenther's message:

          >> ...READ "Cliplanguage - Introduction".
          >>
          >> This last is the only help page I have bookmarked,
          >> because it contains links to all the other topics
          >> you'll need in the future.

          How does one set a bookmark in the help files that will still be there when
          one re-opens the help files? For some reason, after I set a bookmark in the
          NTP help files and then exit help, the bookmark has evaporated next time I
          open NTP help.

          I'm using NTP4.6a and Win98 and Outlook Express 5.

          Thank you,

          Ray Shapp
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 4, 2000
            Hi Ray

            > ...but how would I send private mail directly to Eb Guenther or
            > any other author?

            When you were on the reply page and you saw the group's address
            there was a pull down button (or click anywhere in the To: field)
            and you will see the sender.

            > 3. If this default subject spoils the thread, how should I
            > proceed in order to maintain the thread? Would it be enough to
            > delete the "Re: [Clip] " from the default subject?

            It is best to try to keep the threads on Topic, but they do
            drift. You could have replied to the post about selecting a line
            of text and started a new Topic by using the [ Post to this group
            ] link located on the Index pages where all the posts are listed
            at.

            > How does one set a bookmark in the help files that will still
            > be there when one re-opens the help files?

            Mine are saved in Pro ver. 4.6a and beta #26 even after restarting
            NoteTab. What version are you in?

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
          • Eb Guenther
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 5, 2000
              Hi Ray,

              your message:
              >From: "Ray Shapp" <rayshapp@...>
              >To: <ntb-clips@egroups.com>
              ><snip>
              >This is in response to message on [clip] area of NTP newsgroups by Eb
              >Guenther dated Feb 4 at 9:41 am.
              >
              >1. I received the original as e-mail

              That is how you receive messages from a listserver,
              though the list owner would be the authority here.

              >display. That's ok by me in this instance, but how would I send private
              >mail directly to Eb Guenther or any other author?

              You have to dig into the headers (look for a way to display
              "All headers"), and pick out the "From:" header.

              In your case this looked like:

              >From: "Ray Shapp" <rayshapp@...>

              And you would now copy the email address
              ("Ray Shapp" <rayshapp@...>)
              and paste it into the "To: " field of your outgoing message.

              >How does one set a bookmark in the help files that will
              >still be there when one re-opens the help files? For
              >some reason, after I set a bookmark in the NTP help files
              >and then exit help, the bookmark has evaporated next time
              >I open NTP help.
              >
              >I'm using NTP4.6a and Win98 and Outlook Express 5.

              I use Windows NT 4, and have no problem with:

              From a Help topic window, click the Bookmark menu button:
              [Bookmark]-->[Define]-->(edit name)-->[OK]

              or in shortcut keys, from the topic window, press:
              [Alt+M]-->D-->[Enter]

              The next time you display the Bookmark window, it
              should display the bookmark name you assigned.

              If not, you have just discovered another of the many
              "Undocumented Feature" of Windows 98. Also one of the
              many reasons why some people sign their messages with

              "cheers",

              Eb

              Microsoft releases Service Release 1 for Windoze 2OOO
              before the actual Windows 2000 is released, beating
              their own record of SR1 a week after WIndows 98 debut.