[Clip] What else? Regular Expressions

  • Dennis Partridge
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2000
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm back to my favorite subject, regular expressions. The problem I'm
      having, is that I need to find a range of varied text, and change it with
      fixed text. The good thing about the varied text, is that it has a
      begginning and an ending that I can match...

      Is consistently at the start... and the code consistently ends with...

      <!--banner-->
      <!--webbot
      bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan --></p>

      Isn't there a way to get Regular expressions to search for any variation of
      that code? I've had thought that the proper way would be to use:

      --><!--banner-->\*<!--banner-->
      <!--webbot
      bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan --></p>

      But this fails to provide any matches... suggestions would be appreciated!

      Dennis

      partridge@...

      Dennis N. Partridge
      partridge@...

      The SurnameWeb
      http://www.surnameweb.org/
      Co-Founder and Team Leader

      AccessGenealogy
      http://www.accessgenealogy.com/
      Webmaster

      The Partridge Nest (note new address!!!)
      http://www.partridgenest.com/
      Webmaster