[Clip] Re: need a clip to combine files

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2000
      Hi Pat

      >> I have a Library called DirStuff on my NoteTab page.

      > The clip to append files to one works seamlessly and fast!
      > thank you, Jody for saving us hours of manual clicking.

      I'm glad you found one you could use in there. There are some
      other useful ones also. They may not be need but every now and
      then, but when they are they sure help out.

      >To the others, think about getting

      ;)

      > You're good!-)

      ...there is none that doeth good, no, not one. (Rom 3:12) ;)

      Bye for now,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
      http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2000
        Hi Pat,

        > I've a lot of text files, small. And I want to
        > concatenate - but the file names are varied, so using the dos command
        > is a pain, even in a batch file.

        I'm sure others will tell you of a clip that works, but if it's a pain for Dos'
        COPY command it will be a pain for a clip.

        Why doesn't

        REM > SEEDFILE.TMP
        COPY SEEDFILE.TMP+*.TXT+*.EXT HUGEFILE.TXT
        DEL SEEDFILE.TMP

        or something along those lines work?

        This batch creates a zero length temporary seed file, to which all files with
        extensions .TXT and .EXT are added and placed in a new file called HUGEFILE.TXT.
        The seed file is then deleted, leaving the original files, the batch file itself
        and the new "huge" concatenated file.

        You may only need "*.*" where I put "*.TXT+*.EXT". Unless your naming
        conventions are very weird, with the aid of the DOS wildcards ? and * you ought
        to be able to come up with a pattern that achieves what you want.

        And if you right-click the batch name in MY COMPUTER, select the PROGRAM tab and
        check the "Close on Exit" box, this will produce a Shortcut which you can move
        to wherever you like and the whole process will run virtually invisibly, when
        you click on the shortcut.

        Greg
      • PatHanneman
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2000
          At 02/03/2000 , greg wrote:
          >Hi Pat,
          >
          > > I've a lot of text files, small. And I want to
          > > concatenate - but the file names are varied, so using the dos command
          > > is a pain, even in a batch file.
          >
          >I'm sure others will tell you of a clip that works, but if it's a pain for Dos'
          >COPY command it will be a pain for a clip.
          >
          >Why doesn't
          >
          >REM > SEEDFILE.TMP
          >COPY SEEDFILE.TMP+*.TXT+*.EXT HUGEFILE.TXT
          >DEL SEEDFILE.TMP
          >
          >or something along those lines work?

          i don't know.
          i can't remember why i was using the command without wildcard help.

          But it works!

          thanks!
          pat