[Clip] Re: need a clip to combine files

  • PatHanneman
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2000
      At 02/02/2000 , Jody wrote:
      >Hi Pat,
      >
      > > so, I was wondering if there was a clip to use note tab's "File
      > > insert" and continue inserting files from one directory. *.txt
      > > files.
      >
      >I have a Library called DirStuff on my NoteTab page. I will add
      >to it what you want. Should just take me a half hour or so,
      >depending on how distracted I get. <g>
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      The clip to append files to one works seamlessly and fast! thank you, Jody for saving us hours of manual clicking.

      To the others, think about getting the revised dirstuff.zip
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/dirstuff.zip

      The new clip is useful to assemble small files or reassemble email messages. etc.

      Big thanks, Jody,
      You're good!-)

      pat

      health-e-cooking!
      Pat Hanneman (http://home.earthlink.net/~kitpath/)
      Revised! McTagit.exe and clipbooks (version 4)
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2000
        Hi Pat

        >> I have a Library called DirStuff on my NoteTab page.

        > The clip to append files to one works seamlessly and fast!
        > thank you, Jody for saving us hours of manual clicking.

        I'm glad you found one you could use in there. There are some
        other useful ones also. They may not be need but every now and
        then, but when they are they sure help out.

        >To the others, think about getting

        ;)

        > You're good!-)

        ...there is none that doeth good, no, not one. (Rom 3:12) ;)

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2000
          Hi Pat,

          > I've a lot of text files, small. And I want to
          > concatenate - but the file names are varied, so using the dos command
          > is a pain, even in a batch file.

          I'm sure others will tell you of a clip that works, but if it's a pain for Dos'
          COPY command it will be a pain for a clip.

          Why doesn't

          REM > SEEDFILE.TMP
          COPY SEEDFILE.TMP+*.TXT+*.EXT HUGEFILE.TXT
          DEL SEEDFILE.TMP

          or something along those lines work?

          This batch creates a zero length temporary seed file, to which all files with
          extensions .TXT and .EXT are added and placed in a new file called HUGEFILE.TXT.
          The seed file is then deleted, leaving the original files, the batch file itself
          and the new "huge" concatenated file.

          You may only need "*.*" where I put "*.TXT+*.EXT". Unless your naming
          conventions are very weird, with the aid of the DOS wildcards ? and * you ought
          to be able to come up with a pattern that achieves what you want.

          And if you right-click the batch name in MY COMPUTER, select the PROGRAM tab and
          check the "Close on Exit" box, this will produce a Shortcut which you can move
          to wherever you like and the whole process will run virtually invisibly, when
          you click on the shortcut.

          Greg
        • PatHanneman
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2000
            At 02/03/2000 , greg wrote:
            >Hi Pat,
            >
            > > I've a lot of text files, small. And I want to
            > > concatenate - but the file names are varied, so using the dos command
            > > is a pain, even in a batch file.
            >
            >I'm sure others will tell you of a clip that works, but if it's a pain for Dos'
            >COPY command it will be a pain for a clip.
            >
            >Why doesn't
            >
            >REM > SEEDFILE.TMP
            >COPY SEEDFILE.TMP+*.TXT+*.EXT HUGEFILE.TXT
            >DEL SEEDFILE.TMP
            >
            >or something along those lines work?

            i don't know.
            i can't remember why i was using the command without wildcard help.

            But it works!

            thanks!
            pat