[Clip] Re: [NB] ^$GetFileFirst Sorting

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2000
      Hi Eb and All,

      > The new file of appended files (3 of them in this case) look
      > like NoteTab ran through the directory twice as in the names
      > below represent the file text.

      File1.txt
      File2.txt
      File3.txt
      File1.txt
      File2.txt
      File3.txt

      I figured out what is going on, but I do not understand it. If I
      delete the "master" file each time, then it works properly for
      sorting by Date w/o getting the double of everything. One of the
      first things I checked of course was to make sure I was clearing
      the variables which I was and NoteTab is doing. However, when I
      clear the master file out that has the three files appended and
      save it then run the Clip again I get them twice. One set of
      three and then the second set follows.

      I left the file with one set in it and ran the Clip again. I would
      thing that it should only add one more set of three, but no, like
      above, two sets get added.

      OK, so I did the same file with three sets a third time. Now it
      has ten sets and I would think it should have three sets.

      Next I cleared the file out again and saved it. Ran the Clip and
      it was find, one of each file. I switch to WE and renamed the
      files. I still got the two sets even with a different file name.

      Mind Boggled in Milton,

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...