[Clip] Re: [NB] ^$GetFileFirst Sorting

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2000
      Hi Eb,

      > As long as the destination file has the same filespec as the
      > source files, your script will treat it as a source file, same
      > as the others.

      I don't see where that would make the new file of appended files
      (3 of them in this case) look like NoteTab ran through the
      directory twice as in the names below represent the file text.

      File1.txt
      File2.txt
      File3.txt
      File1.txt
      File2.txt
      File3.txt

      However, I did some more testing. I need to do some more, but it
      appears that if Beta.txt happens to be one of the files being
      appended some of the code causes NoteTab to do it again.

      Thanks for answering to this part:

      >> Next, take the commented places out and set it up to append to
      >> file and the open it. Sort by date, no Rev. I get all the
      >> files duplicated like it is going through the folder twice
      >> which has three text files in it, but not with the other
      >> sorting methods.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2000
        Hi Eb and All,

        > The new file of appended files (3 of them in this case) look
        > like NoteTab ran through the directory twice as in the names
        > below represent the file text.

        File1.txt
        File2.txt
        File3.txt
        File1.txt
        File2.txt
        File3.txt

        I figured out what is going on, but I do not understand it. If I
        delete the "master" file each time, then it works properly for
        sorting by Date w/o getting the double of everything. One of the
        first things I checked of course was to make sure I was clearing
        the variables which I was and NoteTab is doing. However, when I
        clear the master file out that has the three files appended and
        save it then run the Clip again I get them twice. One set of
        three and then the second set follows.

        I left the file with one set in it and ran the Clip again. I would
        thing that it should only add one more set of three, but no, like
        above, two sets get added.

        OK, so I did the same file with three sets a third time. Now it
        has ten sets and I would think it should have three sets.

        Next I cleared the file out again and saved it. Ran the Clip and
        it was find, one of each file. I switch to WE and renamed the
        files. I still got the two sets even with a different file name.

        Mind Boggled in Milton,