[Clip] Re: need a clip to combine files

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2 10:28 AM
      Hi Pat,

      > so, I was wondering if there was a clip to use note tab's "File
      > insert" and continue inserting files from one directory. *.txt
      > files.

      I have a Library called DirStuff on my NoteTab page. I will add
      to it what you want. Should just take me a half hour or so,
      depending on how distracted I get. <g> I send it too you private
      eMail when I get it down and update my site as well which I just
      did last night to some new features 4.8. A couple of the sorting
      methods don't work, but hopefully they will be fixed in 4.8
      (unless it is my problem, then well, hopefully they will get
      fixed too).

      If you know a bit about Clip writing you can edit one of the many
      Clips in the Library to do what you want.

      DirStuff
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/dirstuff.zip

      These are the headers in it and there are default paths as well
      as browse buttons in the Clips. they mainly all work with
      directories. So, I need to add a InsertFile... ;)

      Open Directory...
      Checkbox Multi-Open
      Show/Focus Files
      Checkbox Close
      Checkbox Reload
      Checkbox Append
      AppendToFile
      AppendToDirectory
      ReName Case
      Change Link/Img Case
      Format Links
      HTML to Text
      Make OpenFile.clb
      AllFileNames (Drive)...
      AllFilesOpen (Drive)...
      List Libraries

      QuickZip...
      Multi-Add...
      Extract...
      Multi-Extract...

      Setup
      Setup Directory
      Setup WinZip
      OnOpen

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
    • PatHanneman
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2 2:29 PM
        At 02/02/2000 , Jody wrote:
        >Hi Pat,
        >
        > > so, I was wondering if there was a clip to use note tab's "File
        > > insert" and continue inserting files from one directory. *.txt
        > > files.
        >
        >I have a Library called DirStuff on my NoteTab page. I will add
        >to it what you want. Should just take me a half hour or so,
        >depending on how distracted I get. <g>
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

        The clip to append files to one works seamlessly and fast! thank you, Jody for saving us hours of manual clicking.

        To the others, think about getting the revised dirstuff.zip
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/dirstuff.zip

        The new clip is useful to assemble small files or reassemble email messages. etc.

        Big thanks, Jody,
        You're good!-)

        pat

        health-e-cooking!
        Pat Hanneman (http://home.earthlink.net/~kitpath/)
        Revised! McTagit.exe and clipbooks (version 4)
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2 8:17 PM
          Hi Pat

          >> I have a Library called DirStuff on my NoteTab page.

          > The clip to append files to one works seamlessly and fast!
          > thank you, Jody for saving us hours of manual clicking.

          I'm glad you found one you could use in there. There are some
          other useful ones also. They may not be need but every now and
          then, but when they are they sure help out.

          >To the others, think about getting

          ;)

          > You're good!-)

          ...there is none that doeth good, no, not one. (Rom 3:12) ;)

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
          http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3 3:34 AM
            Hi Pat,

            > I've a lot of text files, small. And I want to
            > concatenate - but the file names are varied, so using the dos command
            > is a pain, even in a batch file.

            I'm sure others will tell you of a clip that works, but if it's a pain for Dos'
            COPY command it will be a pain for a clip.

            Why doesn't

            REM > SEEDFILE.TMP
            COPY SEEDFILE.TMP+*.TXT+*.EXT HUGEFILE.TXT
            DEL SEEDFILE.TMP

            or something along those lines work?

            This batch creates a zero length temporary seed file, to which all files with
            extensions .TXT and .EXT are added and placed in a new file called HUGEFILE.TXT.
            The seed file is then deleted, leaving the original files, the batch file itself
            and the new "huge" concatenated file.

            You may only need "*.*" where I put "*.TXT+*.EXT". Unless your naming
            conventions are very weird, with the aid of the DOS wildcards ? and * you ought
            to be able to come up with a pattern that achieves what you want.

            And if you right-click the batch name in MY COMPUTER, select the PROGRAM tab and
            check the "Close on Exit" box, this will produce a Shortcut which you can move
            to wherever you like and the whole process will run virtually invisibly, when
            you click on the shortcut.

            Greg
          • PatHanneman
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3 8:00 AM
              At 02/03/2000 , greg wrote:
              >Hi Pat,
              >
              > > I've a lot of text files, small. And I want to
              > > concatenate - but the file names are varied, so using the dos command
              > > is a pain, even in a batch file.
              >
              >I'm sure others will tell you of a clip that works, but if it's a pain for Dos'
              >COPY command it will be a pain for a clip.
              >
              >Why doesn't
              >
              >REM > SEEDFILE.TMP
              >COPY SEEDFILE.TMP+*.TXT+*.EXT HUGEFILE.TXT
              >DEL SEEDFILE.TMP
              >
              >or something along those lines work?

              i don't know.
              i can't remember why i was using the command without wildcard help.

              But it works!

              thanks!
              pat