[Clip] Re: second windows

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2000
      Hi Raymond

      > Here's my "Split screen" clips if you care to try them.

      The Access Violation bug when using Second Window was fixed in
      one of the early betas. Does your boss know you write those
      Clips at work? <G>

      I get an R pasted into the doc when using the In Context menu to
      refresh. It is coming from

      ; Next line just finds the first clip starting with 'R' as in
      ; "Refresh second window"
      ^!Keyboard Shift+F4 Home R

      I added another Shift+F4 which takes care of it first pass
      through but not on a refresh from In Context. Perhaps I am
      missing something.

      OH, OK, I toggled my Clipbook back in focus from the Clipbar and
      then tried. I understand now why the R was getting inserted. :)

      Here is mine that I've done some more work on. I don't know how
      to make it check to see how many rows above and below the cursor
      is from the last moved spot. As it is now is only works in the
      down direction when you move the cursor more than 5 lines. The
      first doc is set to readonly. Press Ctrl+Alt to stop the
      switching and Restart to resume with the same Second Window
      setup.

      You can play with the ^!SetCursor and SetView lines below, the
      order of them, till you get the results you want as far as where
      the docs line up in the window. I have it set so the window that
      you click in stays stationary, but the other goes to the top,
      that is whatever line you click will go to the first line in the
      window of the other. It will be off a line sometime - I think
      that is because the windows are not exactly even, but I don't
      know. Requires ver. 4.8 is SetView is used.

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=Sync Second Window
      ; Last Updated 01/28/2000, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires ver. 4.8
      ^!IfTrue ^%Start% ReStart else Next
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsReadOnly$ Skip
      ^!Keyboard Alt+D O
      ^!SetClipboard ^$GetText$
      ^!Toolbar Paste New
      ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+W
      ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+G

      :ReStart
      ^!Set %Cursor%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ^!Set %ViewTop%=^$GetRowTop$:^$GetColLeft$
      ^!Set %Start%=0; %Row%=^$GetRow$
      ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+G

      ^!SetView ^%ViewTop%
      ^!SetCursor ^%Cursor%
      ; ^!SetView ^%Cursor%

      ^!Jump Line_Start

      :Loop
      ^!SetHintInfo Press Ctrl+Alt to stop sync
      ^!Delay 5
      ^!If ^$Calc(^%Row%+5)$ < ^$GetRow$ Next else Skip_-1
      ^!Set %Cursor%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$; %Row%=^$GetRow$
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+G
      ^!SetScreenUpdate On

      ^!SetCursor ^%Cursor%