Transfer variables between Notetab and Take Command

  • abetsent
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 22, 2014
      Friends,Take Command is a very good program, to control a computer. NTP is a very good program, to work with texts.

      For 10 years, I used both, transferring variables from NTP to TC, but always using a bat file. Like that:

      ^!Shell e:\tcmdu\tcmd.exe e:\tcmdu\variable.bat ^%myntpvariable1% ^%myntpvariavle2%

      and in this bat, I use %1 and %2 to these two variables.

      My question is:

      How to transfer a TC variable (like @name)  to a NTP variable (like ^%variable%), let say directly? And vice versa.

      This is possible?

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 22, 2014
        "backup2abet@... [ntb-clips]" wrote:
        > How to transfer a TC variable (like @name) to a NTP variable (like
        > ^%variable%), let say directly? And vice versa.

        For the second your existing solution looks fine to me. For the first there
        is the command line parameter </INI=FileName> and you can ECHO some
        <varMainfile=G:\UFG\Referate\Vergleich\Staatenbildung.tex> or similar into
        it. It seems NT can only load one .ini, so had better keep a dummy copy of
        your standard one and append to it as required.

        Axel
      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 22, 2014

          I don't think you can do this 'directly' as in accessing the variables directly from the computer's environment variables.

          If you can set your variable(s) of interest to a text file, and save the text file in a known location, you can set the NTP variable to the 'gettext' of that file. If there are standard variables that will be reused from session to session, you can save your variables in the NoteTab.ini file. I save the locations of all the programs that NoteTab works with in the .ini file, and upon startup, it just verifies that the program .exe's are actually there. So you could store your variables the same way. You might store standard variables in your tcmd.exe folder, for example, and store that folder path in a variable, so that you could use "^%tcmdpath%variable1.txt" to access those text files.

          RecipeTools Web Site: http://recipetools.gotdns.com/recipetools/

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 23, 2014
            Dear friends Axel and Jshotsky:

            Thanks for your suggestions.

            I decided to write a new clip, to automatically transfer NTP variables to TC variables, and after the TC processing the TC variables to NTP variables.

            The powerful TC is a strong brother for the NTP. As we work in text the main processor will be NTP, but if you need any computer/Windows actions will use the TC. And this now will be automatic with my new clip.

            One example: To automatically debug a NTP clip, using either online messages or text files, without any NTP interruptions. And to have full control of any Windows services or any computer commands, etc.

            Thanks