Re: [Clip] Phantom double-quote (") character appearingin clip output

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2013
      loro wrote:
      > Well, I use the case I prefer to begin with, so what's the need?

      It also trims empty attributes. You can achieve that with InsertText too
      of course, but at the price of extra code. And then you can write the
      kind of document you don't normally, i.e. xhtml instead of HTML by just
      setting one variable and continue to use all your clip library. I've
      never found InsertHtml to do anything unexpected myself.

      Axel
    • loro
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2013
        At 07:35 2013-11-19, Axel Berger wrote:
        >loro wrote:
        > > Well, I use the case I prefer to begin with, so what's the need?
        >
        >It also trims empty attributes. You can achieve that with InsertText too
        >of course, but at the price of extra code. And then you can write the
        >kind of document you don't normally, i.e. xhtml instead of HTML by just
        >setting one variable and continue to use all your clip library. I've
        >never found InsertHtml to do anything unexpected myself.

        I think you confuse ^!InsertHTML with ^!InsertWizardHtml. The latter
        does what you describe. Which also can be troublesome because some
        attributes are required, even if empty, like action for FORM and alt
        for IMG. I don't use that one either. But I agree, with shared clips
        I guess some of those things can be useful.

        Lotta