ScreenUpdate and StatusShow

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2013
      For a longish loop I'm trying out SetScreenUpdate Off. But not wanting
      to be totally in the dark I've placed a "^!StatusShow ^$GetRow$" inside
      my loop. (One compiler merchant found 90 % of customers swore it comiled
      faster when numbers flashed by as compared to a blank screen.)

      Unfortunately this switches Screen Update back on and defeats the
      effort. (It's still faster with just one update per loop but not good
      enough.) Is there any workaround or viable alternative?

      Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2013

        You have to add the setscreenupdate off command just after the statusshow command. Then, it will just update and stay that way until the next update.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2013
          John Shotsky wrote:
          > You have to add the setscreenupdate off command just after the
          > statusshow command. Then, it will just update and stay that way until
          > the next update.

          I do it once just before the loop. The way I read help and the way it
          seems to be as far as I can tell it will stay off and just update once
          with every invocation of the Status Show, which is is far less often
          than with every command in the loop.

          Danke
          Axel
        • joy8388608
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2013

            For long running clips with lots of lines I do something like this to give me an update every ??? lines.

            set count=0

            :LOOPTOP

            inc count

            if count <> 100 skip_3