Re: [Clip] Re: [NTB] Generate Random Alphanumeric Codes

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21, 2013
      On 8/21/2013 6:28 PM, flo.gehrke wrote:> --- In
      ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Don <don@...> wrote:

      >> :Loop
      >> ^!InsertText ^$StrRandom(10;A..F0..9)$^P
      >> etc.
      >>
      >> Which would take about 40 seconds to generate 10000 unique codes of
      >> 10 characters each. They might also have more elegant solutions
      >> that would be faster ...
      >
      > Don,
      >
      > Inserting line by line makes it rather slow here. It's done in a
      second when first creating the list in the memory...

      > ^!SetHintInfo Working...
      > ^!Set %Counter%=10000
      > :Loop
      > ^!Set %Str%=^$StrRandom(10;A..F0..9)$
      > ^!Append %List%=^%Str%^%NL%
      > ^!Dec %Counter%
      > ^!If ^%Counter% > 0 Loop
      > ^%List%
      > ^!ClearVariables
      >
      > Regards,
      > Flo

      Florian, Don,

      I only mention this because Burt admittedly hasn't done a lot of clipping.

      It's a fine clip and is extermely fast but additional line at the start
      might be useful, neater and furnish a discrete file of only generated
      numbers.

      ^!Menu File/New
      ^!SetHintInfo Working...
      ^!Set %Counter%=10000
      :Loop
      ^!Set %Str%=^$StrRandom(10;A..F0..9)$
      ^!Append %List%=^%Str%^%NL%
      ^!Dec %Counter%
      ^!If ^%Counter% > 0 Loop
      ^%List%
      ^!ClearVariables

      ¤• JD#.234 - ¤• SL.933/@1>4 - 13.08.22~00.01.27

      • Maybe It's True That Life Begins
      • At Fifty, But Everything Else Starts
      • To Wear Out, Fall Out, Or Spread Out.

      • --Phyllis Diller

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
    • John Wallace
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 25, 2013
        Is there a clip that can backup or copy all the files that are 'open' in NoteTab, like the ones in the quick list to a usb device?

        I have a lot of files in quick list and all in hundreds of different locations/folders.
        I would like to be able to run a clip and have all of them copied to a usb memory stick.
        (instead of opening each and saving it to the stick)

        Thanks for any help.

        John Wallace