Re: [Clip] Comparing with a space

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 19, 2013
      At 7/19/2013 02:40 PM, Axel wrote:
      >Art Kocsis wrote:
      >> At this stage the help files should be your constant companion
      >> and a good part of your leisure reading.
      >
      >Apart from a few basic standards even now I rarely type commands and
      >functions but copy them from the help file just to make sure I get the
      >syntax exactly right. At my age I have to.

      Heh. Putting age and stage in the same message reminds me of the old joke about the stages of a man's life.

      Yeah, I know only too well what you mean. However, given the shortcomings of the Help search function, I made single alphabetical lists of the commands and functions with short syntax descriptions and put them right in my cliplib. Makes for much easier searches since they're listed alphabetically and, if necessary, Notetab's search is available and is much better than the help search. It is easy to maintain - simple resort, is handy as it opens whenever I open the cliplib, and I can annotate it with tips, tricks and gotchas.

      Art

      BTW Alec, I deliberately left out the explicit instructions for the help file on the theory that it is necessary/beneficial to learn how to learn.
    • Don
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 19, 2013
        I use Sheri's clip help or whatever it is called ... so it does the
        syntax for me. Love it. If you type the word it does the finding.