Re: [Clip] Help with variables

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 10, 2013
      John: interesting problem which it looks like Don may have answered (below)
      .. but ... what do you do about mouse/mice goose/geese etc ... or do
      they not get involved in your recipe-space.

      if you have rats I'd thing you'd need mice :-)

      On 2013-06-10 15:45, Don wrote:
      > Like I said at the outset, I don't get what you want to do exactly and
      > it doesn't become clearer to me with repeat of the same.
      >
      > I don't think you mean that you want to add s? to the end of each, but
      > maybe you do since that is what you said.
      >
      > ^!Set %animal%="cat|rat|dog"
      > ^!Set %animals%=^$StrReplace("|";"s?|";"^%animal%";False;False)$s?
      >
      > Seems to do what you claim you want to do. I am happy to help of
      > course, but solving a problem that*I* don't find clearly stated ...
      > we'll then I'm guessing at answers.

    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 10, 2013
        You'll probably laugh, but I convert them to mouses, gooses, etc until near the end, and then, if it's plural, I substitute the
        correct term. Foot, feet, loaf, loaves leaf leaves, etc. All become foots, loafs, leafs during the clip run, then at the end I use
        the plural term, if present, to convert to the correct word.