Re: [Clip] Replacing All Words at Once

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 4, 2013
      John Shotsky wrote:
      > OmniPage is the most expensive program I own,

      I use Abbyy Fine Reader Prof. version 6 and the results depend strongly
      on the quality of the scan. On good scans they're nearly perfect.

      > The point I'm trying to make here is to fix the errors while
      > in the OCR tool,

      I agree, if only because it highlights all doubtful places in the text
      view and helps you deal with them quickly and efficiently. Some errors
      go undetected and unmarked, but not many.

      Axel
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 4, 2013
        Try scanning and OCR on a few recipes out of a cookbook. It's like they never heard of fractions. That's the biggest problem with
        most of them - they are designed for office documents, not technical documents. It's even OmniPage's weakest point, but it is FAR
        ahead of whatever is in second. Scan a few cookbooks, and you'll be pulling your hair out. (And looking for a new OCR product.) J