Re: [Clip] mastercook clip libraries

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
      At 6/1/2013 04:40 PM, Alec wrote:
      >On 2013-06-01 14:02, buczekrobert wrote:
      >> I was happy using notetab until my puter crashed. i reinstalled
      >> notetab, but my mastercook clip libraries were gone. Can anyone tell
      >> me where to get them again ? I dont mean the large confusing programm
      >> but the simple clips to help format mc recipes. any help would be
      >> ngreatly appreciated
      >I recommend Everything.exe from <http://www.voidtools.com/>http://www.voidtools.com/ for most
      >"where did my files go ..." problems. It will index all your devices
      >then just search for .clb (the extension of Notetab clip libraries). If
      >that doesn't do the trick post back for additional help. It might also
      >be useful to know whether you are using WinXP, Vista, Win-7 or Win-8.
      >There are some variations in how things get laid out for each OS.
      >
      >Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail& WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)

      It wasn't clear from your post whether the files were deleted in
      the crash or were just "misplaced" and whether they were your custom
      clips or clips that you downloaded from some site.

      If the files were deleted in the crash then you need to run a file
      recovery utility such as DiskDigger (http://dmitrybrant.com/diskdigger),
      Easeus (http://www.easeus.com) or Davory (http://www.x-ways.net/davory/).
      DiskDigger is good and is freeware. Easeus has both freeware and shareware
      versions. The trial version is limited to 1 GB total data recovery.
      Davory is probably the best and although the trial version only recovers
      the first 200 KB that should be enough for a cliplib. However, if you
      haven't protected your disk from being written upon it is highly likely
      that your files have been overwritten.

      If the files still exist on your HD, then you will need to do a complete
      search of your system for *.clb files. Although Everything.exe is a good
      tool it works *ONLY* on local, attached NTFS drives. It does not see or
      process FAT drives, network drives or Flash drives (almost always formatted
      as FAT16 or FAT32). To find (and manage), files on any media download ZTree (http://ztree.com). You can log your entire system - it can easily handle a
      million files or more - then display just the clb files.

      Looking in NTB's folders would be the quickest plan but that assumes you
      re-installed NTB in the same configuration as prior to the crash. However,
      finding NTB's folders can be problematic as it depends on NYB version, OS
      version and your installation choices. I wrote a couple of clips to ease
      the pain - one is quick and short, the other displays every possible folder
      and installation parameter I could think of. They both display their
      results in a new tab so nothing gets overwritten. The short one follows and
      both may be downloaded from the google link below (click on the down arrow).
      I also posted them to the Yahoo Notetab group repository but that link does
      not seem to work. Probably why there is a dearth of files posted there.

      Good luck,

      Art

      ;################### Clip start #####################
      ; Clip: NTB Paths (Short)
      ;
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!InsertText NoteTab folder locations (Short list): ^$GetDate(mm-dd-yyyy hh:nn:ss)$^%NL%^%NL%
      ^!InsertText $GetAppPath$ = ^$GetAppPath$ ^%NL%
      ^!InsertText $GetDocumentPath$ = ^$GetDocumentPath$ ^%NL%
      ^!InsertText $GetFavoritePath$ = ^$GetFavoritePath$ ^%NL%
      ^!InsertText $GetLibraryPath$ = ^$GetLibraryPath$ ^%NL%
      ^!InsertText $GetTmpPath$ = ^$GetTmpPath$ ^%NL%

      ;Note: $GetDataPath$ and $GetLibraryUserPath$ are not available to NTB < ver 5

      ^!If "^$GetProgVersion$" < "5.0" Exit
      ^!InsertText $GetDataPath$ = ^$GetDataPath$ ^%NL%
      ^!InsertText $GetLibraryUserPath$ = ^$GetLibraryUserPath$ ^%NL%
      ;################### Clip end #####################

      https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4wYw6kqKkbiUVE3U1RjeGgzRVk/edit?usp=sharing

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/iHqrUYv57OGqnyrAaCAqB8jKuFIEu2iBPkglEWJsR-lXMb05dxgGwrvo1pp6kVEhVOOTxZvDPv0Ox_WvrScVb30AgOEtu_HTASq396_cX1TS2g/Art%20Kocsis%27%20Files/NTB%20Paths.zip
    • readingril
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
        Here's a link to the MasterCook references in the archives of the ntb-clips list:

        tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/msearch?query=mastercook

        Formatting recipes was what got me using NoteTab many many moons ago. :)

        Julie

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "buczekrobert" <buczekrobert@...> wrote:

        > I was happy using notetab until my puter crashed. i reinstalled notetab, but my mastercook clip libraries were gone. Can anyone tell me where to get them again ? I dont mean the large confusing programm but the simple clips to help format mc recipes. any help would be ngreatly appreciated

      • Fookes Software
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2013
          If you don't find the clip(s) you're looking for in the ntb-clips
          list, then write to us direclty at the Fookes Software helpdesk
          (helpdesk@...). We still have copies of most of the clips that
          were hosted on the previous version of the NoteTab website.

          Julian - Fookes Software Help Desk
          http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.aid4mail.com/