mastercook clip libraries

  • buczekrobert
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
      I was happy using notetab until my puter crashed. i reinstalled notetab, but my mastercook clip libraries were gone. Can anyone tell me where to get them again ? I dont mean the large confusing programm but the simple clips to help format mc recipes. any help would be ngreatly appreciated
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
        On 2013-06-01 14:02, buczekrobert wrote:
        > I was happy using notetab until my puter crashed. i reinstalled
        > notetab, but my mastercook clip libraries were gone. Can anyone tell
        > me where to get them again ? I dont mean the large confusing programm
        > but the simple clips to help format mc recipes. any help would be
        > ngreatly appreciated
        I recommend Everything.exe from http://www.voidtools.com/ for most
        "where did my files go ..." problems. It will index all your devices
        then just search for .clb (the extension of Notetab clip libraries). If
        that doesn't do the trick post back for additional help. It might also
        be useful to know whether you are using WinXP, Vista, Win-7 or Win-8.
        There are some variations in how things get laid out for each OS.

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
          Hi
          Just do a search with windows start\search for *.clb it will tell you where
          they are , then you will have to move them yourself into the libraries
          folder of notetab.
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          >I was happy using notetab until my puter crashed. i reinstalled notetab,
          >but my mastercook clip libraries were gone. Can anyone tell me where to get
          >them again ? I dont mean the large confusing programm but the simple clips
          >to help format mc recipes. any help would be ngreatly appreciated

        • Art Kocsis
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
            At 6/1/2013 04:40 PM, Alec wrote:
            >On 2013-06-01 14:02, buczekrobert wrote:
            >> I was happy using notetab until my puter crashed. i reinstalled
            >> notetab, but my mastercook clip libraries were gone. Can anyone tell
            >> me where to get them again ? I dont mean the large confusing programm
            >> but the simple clips to help format mc recipes. any help would be
            >> ngreatly appreciated
            >I recommend Everything.exe from <http://www.voidtools.com/>http://www.voidtools.com/ for most
            >"where did my files go ..." problems. It will index all your devices
            >then just search for .clb (the extension of Notetab clip libraries). If
            >that doesn't do the trick post back for additional help. It might also
            >be useful to know whether you are using WinXP, Vista, Win-7 or Win-8.
            >There are some variations in how things get laid out for each OS.
            >
            >Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail& WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)

            It wasn't clear from your post whether the files were deleted in
            the crash or were just "misplaced" and whether they were your custom
            clips or clips that you downloaded from some site.

            If the files were deleted in the crash then you need to run a file
            recovery utility such as DiskDigger (http://dmitrybrant.com/diskdigger),
            Easeus (http://www.easeus.com) or Davory (http://www.x-ways.net/davory/).
            DiskDigger is good and is freeware. Easeus has both freeware and shareware
            versions. The trial version is limited to 1 GB total data recovery.
            Davory is probably the best and although the trial version only recovers
            the first 200 KB that should be enough for a cliplib. However, if you
            haven't protected your disk from being written upon it is highly likely
            that your files have been overwritten.

            If the files still exist on your HD, then you will need to do a complete
            search of your system for *.clb files. Although Everything.exe is a good
            tool it works *ONLY* on local, attached NTFS drives. It does not see or
            process FAT drives, network drives or Flash drives (almost always formatted
            as FAT16 or FAT32). To find (and manage), files on any media download ZTree (http://ztree.com). You can log your entire system - it can easily handle a
            million files or more - then display just the clb files.

            Looking in NTB's folders would be the quickest plan but that assumes you
            re-installed NTB in the same configuration as prior to the crash. However,
            finding NTB's folders can be problematic as it depends on NYB version, OS
            version and your installation choices. I wrote a couple of clips to ease
            the pain - one is quick and short, the other displays every possible folder
            and installation parameter I could think of. They both display their
            results in a new tab so nothing gets overwritten. The short one follows and
            both may be downloaded from the google link below (click on the down arrow).
            I also posted them to the Yahoo Notetab group repository but that link does
            not seem to work. Probably why there is a dearth of files posted there.

            Good luck,

            Art

            ;################### Clip start #####################
            ; Clip: NTB Paths (Short)
            ;
            ^!Toolbar New Document
            ^!InsertText NoteTab folder locations (Short list): ^$GetDate(mm-dd-yyyy hh:nn:ss)$^%NL%^%NL%
            ^!InsertText $GetAppPath$ = ^$GetAppPath$ ^%NL%
            ^!InsertText $GetDocumentPath$ = ^$GetDocumentPath$ ^%NL%
            ^!InsertText $GetFavoritePath$ = ^$GetFavoritePath$ ^%NL%
            ^!InsertText $GetLibraryPath$ = ^$GetLibraryPath$ ^%NL%
            ^!InsertText $GetTmpPath$ = ^$GetTmpPath$ ^%NL%

            ;Note: $GetDataPath$ and $GetLibraryUserPath$ are not available to NTB < ver 5

            ^!If "^$GetProgVersion$" < "5.0" Exit
            ^!InsertText $GetDataPath$ = ^$GetDataPath$ ^%NL%
            ^!InsertText $GetLibraryUserPath$ = ^$GetLibraryUserPath$ ^%NL%
            ;################### Clip end #####################

            https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4wYw6kqKkbiUVE3U1RjeGgzRVk/edit?usp=sharing

            http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/iHqrUYv57OGqnyrAaCAqB8jKuFIEu2iBPkglEWJsR-lXMb05dxgGwrvo1pp6kVEhVOOTxZvDPv0Ox_WvrScVb30AgOEtu_HTASq396_cX1TS2g/Art%20Kocsis%27%20Files/NTB%20Paths.zip
          • readingril
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
              Here's a link to the MasterCook references in the archives of the ntb-clips list:

              tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/msearch?query=mastercook

              Formatting recipes was what got me using NoteTab many many moons ago. :)

              Julie

              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "buczekrobert" <buczekrobert@...> wrote:

              > I was happy using notetab until my puter crashed. i reinstalled notetab, but my mastercook clip libraries were gone. Can anyone tell me where to get them again ? I dont mean the large confusing programm but the simple clips to help format mc recipes. any help would be ngreatly appreciated

            • Fookes Software
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2013
                If you don't find the clip(s) you're looking for in the ntb-clips
                list, then write to us direclty at the Fookes Software helpdesk
                (helpdesk@...). We still have copies of most of the clips that
                were hosted on the previous version of the NoteTab website.

                Julian - Fookes Software Help Desk
                http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.aid4mail.com/