RE: RE: [Clip] Selective line merging

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2013
      It might stop if there were extra blank lines in the source. In that case, just add a '+' after each '\R' to eliminate them.

      From: John Shotsky
      Receiver: ntb-clips
      Time: 2013-05-23, 02:51:49
      Subject: RE: [Clip] Selective line merging

    • flo.gehrke
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2013

        > To state the task:
        > A line of nothing but numbers and spaces, followed by a line of
        > characters and spaces, followed by a line of numbers which include
        > at least one colon and spaces should become one line.
        > ;Trim off trailing spaces
        > ^!Replace "\x20+$" >> "" ARSW
        > ;Merge sections
        > ^!Replace "^(\d+)\R(.+)\R(\d.*:.*)$" >> "$1 $2 $3" ARSW

        Isn't it just a matter of replacing each CRNL with a space except before numbers from 1 through 9 ? So there would be nothing to store and repeat with back reference.

        The only condition: No runtime >= 10 hours ;-)

        ^!Replace "\R(?![1-9])" >> "\x20" WARS
        ^!Menu Modify/Spaces/Single Space
        ^!Jump 1

        Regards,