Re: RE: [Clip] Selective line merging

  • Adrian Worsfold
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2013
      Hello John Shotsky

      Seems that the clip does work in that my original list was not original and wrong! Many thanks.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
      pluralist@...
      23-05-2013
      From: John Shotsky
      Receiver: ntb-clips
      Time: 2013-05-23, 02:51:49
      Subject: RE: [Clip] Selective line merging

    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 6 , May 22, 2013
        It might stop if there were extra blank lines in the source. In that case, just add a '+' after each '\R' to eliminate them.

        Seems that the clip does work in that my original list was not original and wrong! Many thanks.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
        pluralist@... <mailto:pluralist%40pluralist.karoo.co.uk>
        23-05-2013
        From: John Shotsky
        Receiver: ntb-clips
        Time: 2013-05-23, 02:51:49

      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 6 , May 23, 2013

          > To state the task:
          > A line of nothing but numbers and spaces, followed by a line of
          > characters and spaces, followed by a line of numbers which include
          > at least one colon and spaces should become one line.
          > ;Trim off trailing spaces
          > ^!Replace "\x20+$" >> "" ARSW
          > ;Merge sections
          > ^!Replace "^(\d+)\R(.+)\R(\d.*:.*)$" >> "$1 $2 $3" ARSW

          Isn't it just a matter of replacing each CRNL with a space except before numbers from 1 through 9 ? So there would be nothing to store and repeat with back reference.

          The only condition: No runtime >= 10 hours ;-)

          ^!Replace "\R(?![1-9])" >> "\x20" WARS
          ^!Menu Modify/Spaces/Single Space
          ^!Jump 1

          Regards,