Multiline wizard captions

    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2013
      Being elderly and forgetful I rely on my captions to remind me, what my
      wizard fields are for and what to place in them, Of course that may make
      them longer than usual. I seem to half remember, that someone here maged
      to insert a line braek into caption, but I forgot how.
      Can you remind me?

      Danke

      Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13, 2013
        On 5/13/2013 12:54 PM, Axel Berger wrote:> Being elderly and forgetful I
        rely on my captions to remind me, what my
        > wizard fields are for and what to place in them, Of course that may make
        > them longer than usual. I seem to half remember, that someone here maged
        > to insert a line braek into caption, but I forgot how.
        > Can you remind me?
        >
        > Danke
        > Axel

        Axel,

        Not exactly sure what you mean but, you might try the NoteTab variables -
        ^p crlf, or ^%nl% newline variable.

        ¤• JD#.133 - ¤• SL.1473/@14>24 - 13.05.13~13.34.43

        • Top Things A Wife Won't Say,
        • Let's Subscribe To Hustler.

        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 13, 2013
          hsavage wrote:
          > Not exactly sure what you mean

          I'm not surprised, hard as it is to believe, I was not drunk, when I
          typed that gibberish.

          > try the NoteTab variables - ^p crlf, or ^%nl% newline variable.

          Did that, doesn't work, neither of those.

          Axel
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 7 , May 13, 2013
            On 5/13/2013 1:51 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
            > hsavage wrote:
            >> Not exactly sure what you mean
            >
            > I'm not surprised, hard as it is to believe, I was not drunk, when I
            > typed that gibberish.
            >
            >> try the NoteTab variables - ^p crlf, or ^%nl% newline variable.
            >
            > Did that, doesn't work, neither of those.
            >
            > Axel

            If in a clip wizard, how about, ^!SetWizardWidth xxx

            ¤• JD#.133 - ¤• SL.1475/@16>24 - 13.05.13~15.19.06

            • Top Things A Wife Won't Say,
            • No, No, I'll Take The Car To Have The Oil Changed.

            € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
          • Art Kocsis
            Message 5 of 7 , May 13, 2013
              At 5/13/2013 10:54 AM, Axel wrote:
              >Being elderly and forgetful I rely on my captions to remind me, what my
              >wizard fields are for and what to place in them, Of course that may make
              >them longer than usual. I seem to half remember, that someone here maged
              >to insert a line braek into caption, but I forgot how.
              >Can you remind me?
              >Danke

              One does not have to be elderly to be forgetful or to appreciate reminders (nor is the above gibberish).

              I remember playing around with multi-line wizard captions many years ago. Unfortunately, I can't find my notes or test cases. However, I did (re-?) discover that adding a new line variable (^%nl%) will split a caption into two readable lines. Unfortunately it does not increase the line spacing so the text gets a bit crowded (and unreadable for three lines). The same technique splits the wizard label but does not work for the wizard title.

              Your later post says that ^%nl% didn't work for you. Strange. My test clips and links to images of my results follow. Interestingly - NTS v5.8/fv has a larger vertical spacing than NTS v6.2/fv.

              Inserting one ^%nl%:
              ^!SetWizardTitle "Embedding nl in SetWizardTitle ^%nl% Add line1"
              ^!SetWizardLabel "Embedding nl in SetWizardLabel ^%nl% Add line1"
              ^!Set %OpnPF%==^?{(T=A)Single line Wizard prompt text=Yes|}; %x%==^?{(T=A)Embedding nl(s) in Wizard items ^%nl% Add line1=Yes|};

              Inserting two ^%nl%s:
              ^!SetWizardTitle "Embedding nl in SetWizardTitle ^%nl% Add line1 ^%nl% Add line2"
              ^!SetWizardLabel "Embedding nl in SetWizardLabel ^%nl% Add line1 ^%nl% Add line2"
              ^!Set %OpnPF%==^?{(T=A)Single line Wizard prompt text=Yes|}; %x%==^?{(T=A)Embedding nl(s) in Wizard items ^%nl% Add line1 ^%nl% Add line2=Yes|};

              https://googledrive.com/host/0B4wYw6kqKkbiUWVvbXd0TWlQbkU/Multi-line_Wizard_Items-N513_(NTS58fv+1).gif
              https://googledrive.com/host/0B4wYw6kqKkbiUWVvbXd0TWlQbkU/Multi-line_Wizard_Items-N513_(NTS58fv+2).gif
              https://googledrive.com/host/0B4wYw6kqKkbiUWVvbXd0TWlQbkU/Multi-line_Wizard_Items-N513_(NTS62fv+1).gif
              https://googledrive.com/host/0B4wYw6kqKkbiUWVvbXd0TWlQbkU/Multi-line_Wizard_Items-N513_(NTS62fv+2).gif

              Namaste', Art

              My mind is like the subway. If I end up where I'm going,
              it's best if I don't try to understand the system.
              Jef Mallett, 04-21-13
            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 7 , May 13, 2013
                Art - all your googledrive links give 404 errors. Maybe a sharing (or
                lack thereof) problem?

                Message 7 of 7 , May 14, 2013
                  Art Kocsis wrote:
                  > Your later post says that ^%nl% didn't work for you. Strange.
                  > NTS v5.8/fv has a larger vertical spacing than NTS v6.2/fv.

                  Now we've proof my senility is well advanced, if I ever was that bright
                  to to begin with. The wizard in question, an old one updated many times,
                  had a ?[] wizard instead of a ?{} one, in spite of that multi-field
                  ^!Set coming right at the top. So of course nothing inside was
                  evaluated. Fixed now, but didn't help. As you noted things get tight and
                  while in 5.8 it looks fine, 7.1 totally hides the second line except for
                  a few letter tops.

                  So it's now ^!SetWizardWidth 110, thanks HSavage. According to help this
                  command's scope is not limited, so after that all wizards would have
                  been wider. I find now, that this is not the case, so everything's fine.

                  Danke