Clip needed

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2013
      I have a need to remove variable text that follows # including the hash.

      Your help is appreciated.

      Many thanks,

      Robin Chapple
    • Robin Chapple
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2013
        I failed to complete the requirement. The clip
        should find the next comma and stop deletion at that point.

        That is 'delete from and including the hash to and excluding the comma'.

        Robin

        At 6/05/2013 08:58 AM, you wrote:

        >I have a need to remove variable text that follows # including the hash.
        >
        >Your help is appreciated.
        >
        >Many thanks,
        >
        >Robin Chapple

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2013
          What you really need is to show us a before and after.

          At 6/05/2013 08:58 AM, you wrote:

          >I have a need to remove variable text that follows # including the hash.
          >
          >Your help is appreciated.
          >
          >Many thanks,
          >
          >Robin Chapple

        • Robin Chapple
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2013
            Thanks,

            The current entry is:

            robinski@...#mailto:robinski@...# ,

            and I need this:

            robinski@...,

            Many thanks,

            Robin Chapple

            At 6/05/2013 09:25 AM, you wrote:
            >What you really need is to show us a before and after.
            >
            >Regards,
            >John
            >RecipeTools Web Site: <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
            >http://recipetools.gotdns.com/
            >John's Mags Yahoo
            >Group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/johnsmags/>

          • Art Kocsis
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2013
              At 5/5/2013 05:19 PM, you wrote:
              >The current entry is:
              ><mailto:robinski%40mymail.net.au>robinski@...#mailto:robinski@...# ,
              >and I need this:
              ><mailto:robinski%40mymail.net.au>robinski@...,
              >Many thanks,
              >Robin Chapple

              This replaces the first pattern found in the current selection or from the current cursor position if no selection. Add an "A" to replace all occurrences and a "W" to search the entire document. Add ^!Jump Doc_Start to start search from beginning of doc (clears preselection and redundant if "W" option specified).

              Art
            • Robin Chapple
              Message 6 of 6 , May 5, 2013
                Thanks Art,