Bug reports / feature suggestions

  • Fookes Software
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
      Hi Axel, Flo,

      Just to let you know I've made a note of your bug reports / feature
      suggestions (Regex backward replacements in selections, redefining
      shortcuts, Bookmark issue). They'll be looked at when we get round to
      the next NoteTab maintenance update (though I can't say whether
      they'll be implemented or not, sorry).

      Julian - Fookes Software Help Desk
      http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.aid4mail.com/

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
        Fookes Software wrote:
        > (Regex backward replacements in selections,

        Actually I can easily live with that restriction, but it would be nice
        to add a reminder to the help file. In this instance I did remember it
        was a known limitation, but not after having wasted time on it.

        Please reserve your time and effort to the big issue of flexible
        multi-language highlighting that you already promised for some time in
        the far furture -- plus a settings entry for the /RawUTF8 command line
        parameter, scrolling by line, and extension of keyboard shortcuts.

        > redefining shortcuts

        Axel
      • Fookes Software
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2013
          Thanks again Alex for your feedback. I've passed it on to Eric.

          Re the multi-language highlighting, we did get quite far with a new product
          that included this feature. But there were problems with some of the
          third-party components that were being used in other features, that were
          serious enough to halt development.

          We are hoping to start work on this again soon using different components.
          So we fully intend to keep our promise but it's too early yet to give any
          more details or estimate a release date.