Re: Re: [Clip] Juggling the date

  • Adrian Worsfold
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 24, 2013
      Hello

      This does not seem to work (well it doesn't)

      ;###### Start code
      ; %srcdate% = original date in British format dd/mm/yyyy
      ; %nbrdate% = converted date formatted: yyyymmdd
      ^!Set %nbrdate%=^$GetDateFromInt(^$GetDateToInt[(^%srcdate%;dd/mm/yyyy)]$;yyyymmdd)$
      ;###### End code

      This does work!

      ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ > 3 SKIP
      ^!Select ALL
      ^!Replace "\b(\d{2})/(\d{2})/(\d{4})\b" >> "$3$2$1" HRASTI

      Thank you both, regardless.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
      pluralist@...
      25-03-2013
      From: Axel Berger
      Receiver: ntb-clips
      Time: 2013-03-25, 05:12:29
      Subject: Re: [Clip] Juggling the date

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
        Adrian Worsfold wrote:
        > This does not seem to work (well it doesn't)

        It ought to. Art has left it to you to set and use the variables as
        needed. I guess you failed to do so. Without that his conversion has
        nothing to go on.

        Axel
      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Art Kocsis <artkns@...> wrote:

          > ^!Set %nbrdate%=^$GetDateFromInt(^$GetDateToInt[(^%srcdate%;dd/mm/yyyy)]$;yyyymmdd)$

          The square brackets in that code are causing a syntax error -- without them it works:

          ^!Set %nbrdate%=^$GetDateFromInt(^$GetDateToInt(^%srcdate%;dd/mm/yyyy)$;yyyymmdd)$

          Flo
        • Art Kocsis
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
            At 3/24/2013 11:50 PM, you wrote:
            >Hello
            >This does not seem to work (well it doesn't)
            >
            >;###### Start code
            >; %srcdate% = original date in British format dd/mm/yyyy
            >; %nbrdate% = converted date formatted: yyyymmdd
            >^!Set %nbrdate%=^$GetDateFromInt(^$GetDateToInt[(^%srcdate%;dd/mm/yyyy)]$;yyyymmdd)$
            >;###### End code
            >Adrian Worsfold

            That's because it was a test. It gave you an opportunity to look up the correct syntax in the help file (I told you where), remove the offending brackets and witness an elegant one line solution that handles your entire problem.

            Yeah, that sounds good.

            Much better sounding than saying I forgot to remove the brackets after my paste and didn't test it before posting. Nah, I wouldn't do that. That doesn't sound good at all! ;-)

            Art
          • Adrian Worsfold
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
              Hello all

              So what did I do with this assistance?

              It's all about looking for jobs using the new British Government website, https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/register.aspx, where the Paste Board and then bunching together the information for each viewed vacancy causes a list of date, job title and area, the URL of details and why it cannot be applied for if not. I use this a lot, to bunch together details.

              ^!Replace "^p^p" >> "^p" [HAS]
              ^!Keyboard CTRL+J

              So it produces a list...

              First clip of recent assistance sets applications for jobs in date order and below any that begin 'FULL APPLICATION' if such was made because a y is after all but z words!

              ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ > 3 SKIP
              ^!Select ALL
              ^!Replace "\b(\d{2})/(\d{2})/(\d{4})\b" >> "y:$3 m:$2 d:$1" HRASTI
              ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Sort/Ascending
              ^!Clip "Asterisks remove 3 all"
              ^!Jump DOC_START
              ^!DeleteLine
              ^!DeleteLine

              The second clip restores the old dates once it is all sorted. I prefer to have two clips to see what is going on.

              ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ > 3 SKIP
              ^!Select ALL
              ^!Replace "y:\b(\d{4}) m:(\d{2}) d:(\d{2})\b" >> "$3/$2/$1" HRASTI
              ^!Jump DOC_START

              Incidentally the ^!Clip "Asterisks remove 3 all" goes to this:

              :LOOP
              ^!Replace "***" >> "" [WAS]
              ^!IfError END
              ^!GoTo LOOP
              :END
              ^!Clip "Tabs remove"
              ^!Clip "Paras regularise"
              ^!Keyboard CTRL+END

              Thus removing Paste Board dividers set at ***

              and the ^!Clip "Paras regularise" is as below to force even paragraphs.

              ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

              ^!Replace "^P " >> "^P" WAS
              ^!IfError Next else Skip_-2

              ^!Replace " ^P" >> "^P" WAS