Re: [Clip] Juggling the date

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 24, 2013
      At 3/24/2013 09:57 PM, Adrian wrote:
      >Hello ntb-clips
      >
      >I've got myself into a muddle, yet I should be able to do this.
      >I want, simply, any date (not today's date) as already given, as in:
      >
      >31/12/2005 (British version, month in the middle) to become 20051231
      >
      >In other words, the last four characters become the first four, the middle two numbers become the fifth and sixth and the first two numbers become the seventh and eighth numbers.
      >
      >This can be done for all such dates or just for the selected date by mouseover. The use of leading zeros is insisted upon first, as in 01/03/2013.
      >Adrian Worsfold

      Not sure what you mean by "mouseover" as that speaks of Javascript & HTML, not NTB Clips.
      If you mean "mouseover" to be highlighted text then just set %srcdate% to ^$GetSelection$.
      However you get the source, the actual conversion is a one liner [leading zeros are specified by the mm and dd masks).

      ;###### Start code
      ; %srcdate% = original date in British format dd/mm/yyyy
      ; %nbrdate% = converted date formatted: yyyymmdd

      ^!Set %nbrdate%=^$GetDateFromInt(^$GetDateToInt[(^%srcdate%;dd/mm/yyyy)]$;yyyymmdd)$
      ;###### End code

      Info on $GetDateFromInt$ and $GetDateToInt$ is in the Clip help file (search for date)
      Info on the Date and Time filter masks are in the Notetab help file (search for date)

      Art
    • Adrian Worsfold
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 24, 2013
        Hello

        This does not seem to work (well it doesn't)

        ;###### Start code
        ; %srcdate% = original date in British format dd/mm/yyyy
        ; %nbrdate% = converted date formatted: yyyymmdd
        ^!Set %nbrdate%=^$GetDateFromInt(^$GetDateToInt[(^%srcdate%;dd/mm/yyyy)]$;yyyymmdd)$
        ;###### End code

        This does work!

        ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ > 3 SKIP
        ^!Select ALL
        ^!Replace "\b(\d{2})/(\d{2})/(\d{4})\b" >> "$3$2$1" HRASTI

        Thank you both, regardless.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        http://pluralistspeaks.blogspot.com
        pluralist@...
        25-03-2013
        From: Axel Berger
        Receiver: ntb-clips
        Time: 2013-03-25, 05:12:29
        Subject: Re: [Clip] Juggling the date

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
          Adrian Worsfold wrote:
          > This does not seem to work (well it doesn't)

          It ought to. Art has left it to you to set and use the variables as
          needed. I guess you failed to do so. Without that his conversion has
          nothing to go on.

          Axel
        • flo.gehrke
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Art Kocsis <artkns@...> wrote:

            > ^!Set %nbrdate%=^$GetDateFromInt(^$GetDateToInt[(^%srcdate%;dd/mm/yyyy)]$;yyyymmdd)$

            The square brackets in that code are causing a syntax error -- without them it works:

            ^!Set %nbrdate%=^$GetDateFromInt(^$GetDateToInt(^%srcdate%;dd/mm/yyyy)$;yyyymmdd)$

            Flo
          • Art Kocsis
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
              At 3/24/2013 11:50 PM, you wrote:
              >Hello
              >This does not seem to work (well it doesn't)
              >
              >;###### Start code
              >; %srcdate% = original date in British format dd/mm/yyyy
              >; %nbrdate% = converted date formatted: yyyymmdd
              >^!Set %nbrdate%=^$GetDateFromInt(^$GetDateToInt[(^%srcdate%;dd/mm/yyyy)]$;yyyymmdd)$
              >;###### End code
              >Adrian Worsfold

              That's because it was a test. It gave you an opportunity to look up the correct syntax in the help file (I told you where), remove the offending brackets and witness an elegant one line solution that handles your entire problem.

              Yeah, that sounds good.

              Much better sounding than saying I forgot to remove the brackets after my paste and didn't test it before posting. Nah, I wouldn't do that. That doesn't sound good at all! ;-)

              Art
            • Adrian Worsfold
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
                Hello all

                So what did I do with this assistance?

                It's all about looking for jobs using the new British Government website, https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/register.aspx, where the Paste Board and then bunching together the information for each viewed vacancy causes a list of date, job title and area, the URL of details and why it cannot be applied for if not. I use this a lot, to bunch together details.

                ^!Replace "^p^p" >> "^p" [HAS]
                ^!Keyboard CTRL+J

                So it produces a list...

                First clip of recent assistance sets applications for jobs in date order and below any that begin 'FULL APPLICATION' if such was made because a y is after all but z words!

                ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ > 3 SKIP
                ^!Select ALL
                ^!Replace "\b(\d{2})/(\d{2})/(\d{4})\b" >> "y:$3 m:$2 d:$1" HRASTI
                ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Sort/Ascending
                ^!Clip "Asterisks remove 3 all"
                ^!Jump DOC_START
                ^!DeleteLine
                ^!DeleteLine

                The second clip restores the old dates once it is all sorted. I prefer to have two clips to see what is going on.

                ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ > 3 SKIP
                ^!Select ALL
                ^!Replace "y:\b(\d{4}) m:(\d{2}) d:(\d{2})\b" >> "$3/$2/$1" HRASTI
                ^!Jump DOC_START

                Incidentally the ^!Clip "Asterisks remove 3 all" goes to this:

                :LOOP
                ^!Replace "***" >> "" [WAS]
                ^!IfError END
                ^!GoTo LOOP
                :END
                ^!Clip "Tabs remove"
                ^!Clip "Paras regularise"
                ^!Keyboard CTRL+END

                Thus removing Paste Board dividers set at ***

                and the ^!Clip "Paras regularise" is as below to force even paragraphs.

                ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

                ^!Replace "^P " >> "^P" WAS
                ^!IfError Next else Skip_-2

                ^!Replace " ^P" >> "^P" WAS