Get Selection and Regex

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
      How do I write ^$GetSelection$ in Regex?

      It seems this

      ^!If ^$StrPos("[¨´`˜]";"^$GetSelection$";R)$>0 END ELSE NEXT

      does not work and I believe it's the Get Selection at fault.

      Danke

      Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
        Hi Axel,
        Your expression inside the square brackets comes across as containing a special character, which requires escaping -- this may be because of the two-way transmission via the net, or not.

        Anyway, you can test this on your own machine by typing the pattern (for example ["'`"]) into a document, setting the menu find to regexp, exit find, selecting the pattern, and invoking the menu find again.

        The pattern will be imported into the find window, and have all special characters escaped (telling you if your pattern might have a worm in it).

        Cheers,

        Eb

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
          Eb wrote:
          > and invoking the menu find again.
          > The pattern will be imported into the find window,

          With the appropiate setting, which I don't have, but just pasting it in
          with Regex set does the same. All good advice for future problems,
          thanks, but as my second post said, that line was not where the bug sat.

          Danke