Re: [Clip] Redefining shortcuts

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
      Hi
      you could use a small clip , keyboard commands and small delay
      ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+UP and call it up ?
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
        Dave wrote:
        > you could use a small clip

        Unfortunately not, as this is one of big limits of NoteTab. Keyboard
        shortcuts can only start menu commands, no clips. This has long been on
        several people's wish list.

        Axel
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 18, 2013
          Hi
          this small clip does what you want , maybe I miss understand
          H="editviewtop"
          ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+pageUP

          H="editviewbottom"
          ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+pagedown

          THANKYOU DAVE M

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 18, 2013
            Dave wrote:
            > maybe I miss understand

            Yes, unfortunately you do. Clips require the mouse or several keystrokes
            (esc plus selection plus return) and what I am looking for is a keyboard
            shortcut. I can't even just disable the <Ctrl><Down> shortcut (or at
            least don't know how). When stepping through a paragraph while
            proofreading using <Ctrl><Right> and <Left>, it is very disconcerting to
            jump right out of it when hitting <Down> without releasing <Ctrl>.

            Even better would be the function from my wish list, the one implemented
            in my other good editor, Tempus. <Ctrl><Down> scrolls the text one line
            in the window, leaving the cursor where it is, i.e. moving it one down
            relative to the text. Ideal for going through stuff.