Redefining shortcuts

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2013
      When stepping through a document by words, I tend to keep <Ctrl>
      pressed. I'd therefore like to redefine these four shortcuts:

      ;Ctrl+Up ................ start of previous paragraph
      ;Ctrl+Down .............. start of next paragraph
      ;Ctrl+PageUp ............ top of edit view
      ;Ctrl+PageDown .......... bottom of edit view

      I want <Ctrl><Up> to act just like plain <Up> and make <Ctrl><PageUp>,
      which I don't use or need, to act like <Ctrl><Up> does now. Seems not to
      be possible, as there don't seem to be any menu commands for this.

      And hints or comments?

      Danke
      Axel
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
        Hi
        you could use a small clip , keyboard commands and small delay
        ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+UP and call it up ?
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
          Dave wrote:
          > you could use a small clip

          Unfortunately not, as this is one of big limits of NoteTab. Keyboard
          shortcuts can only start menu commands, no clips. This has long been on
          several people's wish list.

          Axel
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 18, 2013
            Hi
            this small clip does what you want , maybe I miss understand
            H="editviewtop"
            ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+pageUP

            H="editviewbottom"
            ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+pagedown

            THANKYOU DAVE M

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 18, 2013
              Dave wrote:
              > maybe I miss understand

              Yes, unfortunately you do. Clips require the mouse or several keystrokes
              (esc plus selection plus return) and what I am looking for is a keyboard
              shortcut. I can't even just disable the <Ctrl><Down> shortcut (or at
              least don't know how). When stepping through a paragraph while
              proofreading using <Ctrl><Right> and <Left>, it is very disconcerting to
              jump right out of it when hitting <Down> without releasing <Ctrl>.

              Even better would be the function from my wish list, the one implemented
              in my other good editor, Tempus. <Ctrl><Down> scrolls the text one line
              in the window, leaving the cursor where it is, i.e. moving it one down
              relative to the text. Ideal for going through stuff.