Re: [Clip] Combining Two Commands

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
      John Shotsky wrote:
      > If you have variables, you don't need to.

      Exactly, but there is a second way. If you number your inputs ^? you can
      not only order them, but if two get the same number, they're only asked
      once and the answer used twice.

      I too prefer beginning with a ^!Set in the first line, mostly because it
      allows the curly braces and thus default values from functions and
      variables. But the ^?[] variant does have its uses.

      Axel
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2013
        Why is it important to place two commands on a single line? NoteTab does not allow more than one command per line EXCEPT for certain combinations in an ^!If statement.

        Other than that, you can place your two commands into a far clip, and run the far clip from the single command.

        Or, place one of the commands into a custom function (just another clip, that RETURNS a value (^!Result), which you are not obligated to use. It is perfectly ok to use somethoing like:

        ^!Command1 ^$customfncontainingcommand2$

        or even

        ^$customfunction1$ ^$customfunction2$

        where the 1st function returns a clip command, and the second function returns NOTHING, but internally executes the second desired command.

        Cheers,

        Eb