RE: [Clip] Combining Two Commands

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2 9:32 PM
      Can't help you with that. If you have variables, you don't need to.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3 7:02 AM
        John Shotsky wrote:
        > If you have variables, you don't need to.

        Exactly, but there is a second way. If you number your inputs ^? you can
        not only order them, but if two get the same number, they're only asked
        once and the answer used twice.

        I too prefer beginning with a ^!Set in the first line, mostly because it
        allows the curly braces and thus default values from functions and
        variables. But the ^?[] variant does have its uses.

        Axel
      • Eb
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14 12:54 PM
          Why is it important to place two commands on a single line? NoteTab does not allow more than one command per line EXCEPT for certain combinations in an ^!If statement.

          Other than that, you can place your two commands into a far clip, and run the far clip from the single command.

          Or, place one of the commands into a custom function (just another clip, that RETURNS a value (^!Result), which you are not obligated to use. It is perfectly ok to use somethoing like:

          ^!Command1 ^$customfncontainingcommand2$

          or even

          ^$customfunction1$ ^$customfunction2$

          where the 1st function returns a clip command, and the second function returns NOTHING, but internally executes the second desired command.

          Cheers,

          Eb