Re: [Clip] Combining Two Commands

  • Lee Underwood
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
      Great, John. Now, how do you add the two commands on one line?

      Lee

      > I do things like that regularly. Each wizard I create is used simply to populate variables. (Clear or set variable first.) As soon
      > as the variables are collected from user input, the commands are created that use the variables to do whatever is needed.
      >
      > Regards,
      > John

    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
        Can't help you with that. If you have variables, you don't need to.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
          John Shotsky wrote:
          > If you have variables, you don't need to.

          Exactly, but there is a second way. If you number your inputs ^? you can
          not only order them, but if two get the same number, they're only asked
          once and the answer used twice.

          I too prefer beginning with a ^!Set in the first line, mostly because it
          allows the curly braces and thus default values from functions and
          variables. But the ^?[] variant does have its uses.

          Axel
        • Eb
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14, 2013
            Why is it important to place two commands on a single line? NoteTab does not allow more than one command per line EXCEPT for certain combinations in an ^!If statement.

            Other than that, you can place your two commands into a far clip, and run the far clip from the single command.

            Or, place one of the commands into a custom function (just another clip, that RETURNS a value (^!Result), which you are not obligated to use. It is perfectly ok to use somethoing like:

            ^!Command1 ^$customfncontainingcommand2$

            or even

            ^$customfunction1$ ^$customfunction2$

            where the 1st function returns a clip command, and the second function returns NOTHING, but internally executes the second desired command.

            Cheers,

            Eb