RE: [Clip] Combining Two Commands

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2 8:07 PM
      I do things like that regularly. Each wizard I create is used simply to populate variables. (Clear or set variable first.) As soon
      as the variables are collected from user input, the commands are created that use the variables to do whatever is needed.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2 9:05 PM
        Great, John. Now, how do you add the two commands on one line?

        Lee

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2 9:32 PM
          Can't help you with that. If you have variables, you don't need to.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3 7:02 AM
            John Shotsky wrote:
            > If you have variables, you don't need to.

            Exactly, but there is a second way. If you number your inputs ^? you can
            not only order them, but if two get the same number, they're only asked
            once and the answer used twice.

            I too prefer beginning with a ^!Set in the first line, mostly because it
            allows the curly braces and thus default values from functions and
            variables. But the ^?[] variant does have its uses.

            Axel
          • Eb
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14 12:54 PM
              Why is it important to place two commands on a single line? NoteTab does not allow more than one command per line EXCEPT for certain combinations in an ^!If statement.

              Other than that, you can place your two commands into a far clip, and run the far clip from the single command.

              Or, place one of the commands into a custom function (just another clip, that RETURNS a value (^!Result), which you are not obligated to use. It is perfectly ok to use somethoing like:

              ^!Command1 ^$customfncontainingcommand2$

              or even

              ^$customfunction1$ ^$customfunction2$

              where the 1st function returns a clip command, and the second function returns NOTHING, but internally executes the second desired command.

              Cheers,

              Eb