Combining Two Commands

  • Lee Underwood
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
      Looking for a little help with a clip I am making. This might have been asked before, if so, just point me in the right direction.

      Is it possible to combine two commands in one line in a clip. especially in a wizard?

      For instance: The wizard I am creating is a selection of different types of formatting of hrefs in an HTML document. So far I have this:

      ===============

      ^!SetWizardLabel "Select Info to Include in Link"
      ^!InsertWizardHtml ^?[(T=A;H=20)Choose file to open=Title-and-Text^=<a href="^$GetClipboard$" title="^$GetLine$">^&</a>|Enter name of download file^=<a href="/download.php?file=^$GetClipboard$" title="Link to document download">^&</a>|Enter name for jump file^=<a href="/jump.php?m=^?[Enter jump name]" title="Link to book" rel="nofollow">^&</a>]

      ===============

      (I still have more to add.) The last line:

      ===============

      Enter name for jump file^=<a href="/jump.php?m=^?[Enter jump name]" title="Link to book" rel="nofollow">^&</a>

      ===============

      is the one I want to add another command to ( something like ^!Open "jump.php" ), which would be to open the file "jump.php" so I can then add the "jump name" to it. (The file is a script I use to make links to affiliates much easier to read.)

      Thanks!

      Lee

      http://leeunderwood.org/
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/LeeUnderwood2
      http://twitter.com/Lee_Underwood
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
        I do things like that regularly. Each wizard I create is used simply to populate variables. (Clear or set variable first.) As soon
        as the variables are collected from user input, the commands are created that use the variables to do whatever is needed.

        Looking for a little help with a clip I am making. This might have been asked before, if so, just point me in the right direction.

        Is it possible to combine two commands in one line in a clip. especially in a wizard?

        For instance: The wizard I am creating is a selection of different types of formatting of hrefs in an HTML document. So far I have
        this:

        ===============

        ^!SetWizardLabel "Select Info to Include in Link"
        ^!InsertWizardHtml ^?[(T=A;H=20)Choose file to open=Title-and-Text^=^&|Enter name of download file^=^&|Enter name for jump file^=^&]

        ===============

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
          Great, John. Now, how do you add the two commands on one line?

          Lee

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
            Can't help you with that. If you have variables, you don't need to.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
              John Shotsky wrote:
              > If you have variables, you don't need to.

              Exactly, but there is a second way. If you number your inputs ^? you can
              not only order them, but if two get the same number, they're only asked
              once and the answer used twice.

              I too prefer beginning with a ^!Set in the first line, mostly because it
              allows the curly braces and thus default values from functions and
              variables. But the ^?[] variant does have its uses.

              Axel
            • Eb
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 14, 2013
                Why is it important to place two commands on a single line? NoteTab does not allow more than one command per line EXCEPT for certain combinations in an ^!If statement.

                Other than that, you can place your two commands into a far clip, and run the far clip from the single command.

                Or, place one of the commands into a custom function (just another clip, that RETURNS a value (^!Result), which you are not obligated to use. It is perfectly ok to use somethoing like:

                ^!Command1 ^$customfncontainingcommand2$

                or even

                ^$customfunction1$ ^$customfunction2$

                where the 1st function returns a clip command, and the second function returns NOTHING, but internally executes the second desired command.

                Cheers,

                Eb