Re: [Clip] Re: Sorting Lines

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013
      joy8388608 wrote:
      > Can you replace each of the different a's with a unique
      > character (such as digits and punctuation marks) then sort
      > then replace them back?

      I could of course, but that's far more hassle than just reactivating an
      old editor for the purpose.

      Axel
    • loro
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013
        >where, as you see, all accents are the same, so that the next letter
        >comes into play.

        Yup. Now that happened for me too. But my Ä is still sorted
        correctly. How strange!

        áb
        àb
        âb
        ác
        àc
        âc
        xb
        yb
        zb
        äb
        äc

        Also strange that (in my previous try) Notetab grouped the accented
        letters but this happens when you add a second letter.

        Lotta
      • Hugo Paulissen
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013
          Hi all,

          And here is what you get if you use the StrSort function...

          äc
          äb
          âc
          âb
          ác
          áb
          àc
          àb
          zb
          yb
          xb

          ^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";No;No;Yes)$

          It is strange however that this list is achieved by sorting in reverse (?) order.

          Regards,

          Hugo