Re: [Clip] I uploaded a clip "Remember Place in Outline" some might find useful

  • joy8388608
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18 4:59 PM
      Thank you, Alec. I appreciate you telling me (us) and it's good advice about the spaces.

      While we're on the subject, are there any rules or standards as to what could\should be uploaded to this place and what format (.txt, .zip, etc) and name it should have?

      Joy

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

      > Hi Joy: just FYI for future uploads to files section of the group.
      > The link you gave is specific to you or others using the same yahoo
      > server. In general it won't work for others and might not work for you
      > in the future.
      >
      > To construct a link usable by anyone join the files section URL (or
      > files section/subfolder URL) with the file name.
      > Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt =
      > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt
      >

      > Also, avoiding spaces which get replaced by %20 in file names is a good
      > thing (tm). I normally use camel case:
      > RememberPlaceInOutline.txt or underscores.
      >
      > On 2013-02-18 15:03, joy8388608 wrote:
      > > Here is what I think is the direct link and also the name of the file
      > > if you can't get the link to work.
      > >
      > > Remember Place in Outline.txt
      > >
      > > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/6IUiUcEJq3sTOhrECJqPwIxhFuMSRVXdzo4g9rVzF0TeIBwRpX0ka73RTf99AVn_2IeamC-C4N2Q4yLfhz8-200vGbm7Tydr/Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt
      >
      > --

    • Art Kocsis
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18 9:05 PM
        At 02-18-2013 14:04, Alec wrote:
        >I normally use camel case: RememberPlaceInOutline.txt ...

        Interesting. There's a name for that.

        It is one you made up or have I just been in the dark all these years?

        Art
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18 11:00 PM
          <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase

          I think I first encountered it used to describe titles of Wiki articles
          which generally may not contain spaces (in particular Wikipedia) but per
          the article its been used in other circumstances (eg. salt = NaCl) for
          quite a long time.