Re: [Clip] I uploaded a clip "Remember Place in Outline" some might find useful

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hi Joy: just FYI for future uploads to files section of the group.
      The link you gave is specific to you or others using the same yahoo
      server. In general it won't work for others and might not work for you
      in the future.

      To construct a link usable by anyone join the files section URL (or
      files section/subfolder URL) with the file name.
      Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt =
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt

      Also, avoiding spaces which get replaced by %20 in file names is a good
      thing (tm). I normally use camel case:
      RememberPlaceInOutline.txt or underscores.

      On 2013-02-18 15:03, joy8388608 wrote:
      > Here is what I think is the direct link and also the name of the file
      > if you can't get the link to work.
      >
      > Remember Place in Outline.txt
      >
      > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/6IUiUcEJq3sTOhrECJqPwIxhFuMSRVXdzo4g9rVzF0TeIBwRpX0ka73RTf99AVn_2IeamC-C4N2Q4yLfhz8-200vGbm7Tydr/Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt

    • joy8388608
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
        Thank you, Alec. I appreciate you telling me (us) and it's good advice about the spaces.

        While we're on the subject, are there any rules or standards as to what could\should be uploaded to this place and what format (.txt, .zip, etc) and name it should have?

        Joy

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

        > Hi Joy: just FYI for future uploads to files section of the group.
        > The link you gave is specific to you or others using the same yahoo
        > server. In general it won't work for others and might not work for you
        > in the future.
        >
        > To construct a link usable by anyone join the files section URL (or
        > files section/subfolder URL) with the file name.
        > Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt =
        > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt
        >

        > Also, avoiding spaces which get replaced by %20 in file names is a good
        > thing (tm). I normally use camel case:
        > RememberPlaceInOutline.txt or underscores.
        >
        > On 2013-02-18 15:03, joy8388608 wrote:
        > > Here is what I think is the direct link and also the name of the file
        > > if you can't get the link to work.
        > >
        > > Remember Place in Outline.txt
        > >
        > > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/6IUiUcEJq3sTOhrECJqPwIxhFuMSRVXdzo4g9rVzF0TeIBwRpX0ka73RTf99AVn_2IeamC-C4N2Q4yLfhz8-200vGbm7Tydr/Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt
        >
        > --

      • Art Kocsis
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
          At 02-18-2013 14:04, Alec wrote:
          >I normally use camel case: RememberPlaceInOutline.txt ...

          Interesting. There's a name for that.

          It is one you made up or have I just been in the dark all these years?

          Art
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
            <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase

            I think I first encountered it used to describe titles of Wiki articles
            which generally may not contain spaces (in particular Wikipedia) but per
            the article its been used in other circumstances (eg. salt = NaCl) for
            quite a long time.