I uploaded a clip "Remember Place in Outline" some might find useful

  • joy8388608
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18 12:03 PM

      There were recently questions on how to have NT remember cursor positions in outline topics that have been visited and some simple solutions were given. It sounded like a problem in need of a solution so I wrote a clip to do just that.

      If you use the clip to switch from topic to topic, the cursor will be where you left it when going back to a previously visited topic. It works for multiple outlines at a time and remembers until changing libraries which clears variables.

      Slight modifications are needed if you don't have version 7.0 or above since I used the new syntax of StrReplace.

      Here is what I think is the direct link and also the name of the file if you can't get the link to work.

      Remember Place in Outline.txt

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/6IUiUcEJq3sTOhrECJqPwIxhFuMSRVXdzo4g9rVzF0TeIBwRpX0ka73RTf99AVn_2IeamC-C4N2Q4yLfhz8-200vGbm7Tydr/Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt

      Joy
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18 2:04 PM
        Hi Joy: just FYI for future uploads to files section of the group.
        The link you gave is specific to you or others using the same yahoo
        server. In general it won't work for others and might not work for you
        in the future.

        To construct a link usable by anyone join the files section URL (or
        files section/subfolder URL) with the file name.
        Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt =
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt

        Also, avoiding spaces which get replaced by %20 in file names is a good
        thing (tm). I normally use camel case:
        RememberPlaceInOutline.txt or underscores.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18 4:59 PM
          Thank you, Alec. I appreciate you telling me (us) and it's good advice about the spaces.

          While we're on the subject, are there any rules or standards as to what could\should be uploaded to this place and what format (.txt, .zip, etc) and name it should have?

          Joy

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

          > Hi Joy: just FYI for future uploads to files section of the group.
          > The link you gave is specific to you or others using the same yahoo
          > server. In general it won't work for others and might not work for you
          > in the future.
          >
          > To construct a link usable by anyone join the files section URL (or
          > files section/subfolder URL) with the file name.
          > Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt =
          > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt
          >

          > Also, avoiding spaces which get replaced by %20 in file names is a good
          > thing (tm). I normally use camel case:
          > RememberPlaceInOutline.txt or underscores.
          >
          > On 2013-02-18 15:03, joy8388608 wrote:
          > > Here is what I think is the direct link and also the name of the file
          > > if you can't get the link to work.
          > >
          > > Remember Place in Outline.txt
          > >
          > > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/6IUiUcEJq3sTOhrECJqPwIxhFuMSRVXdzo4g9rVzF0TeIBwRpX0ka73RTf99AVn_2IeamC-C4N2Q4yLfhz8-200vGbm7Tydr/Remember%20Place%20in%20Outline.txt
          >
          > --

        • Art Kocsis
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 18 9:05 PM
            At 02-18-2013 14:04, Alec wrote:
            >I normally use camel case: RememberPlaceInOutline.txt ...

            Interesting. There's a name for that.

            It is one you made up or have I just been in the dark all these years?

            Art
          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 18 11:00 PM
              <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase

              I think I first encountered it used to describe titles of Wiki articles
              which generally may not contain spaces (in particular Wikipedia) but per
              the article its been used in other circumstances (eg. salt = NaCl) for
              quite a long time.